admin/products/search.json?query=sku:Test1 getting 404 Not found on client system but not development system

Tourist
18 0 2

admin/products/search.json?query=sku:Test1 getting 404 Not found on client system but not development system

is working from our development system but not on the client's machine. It is the same shopify account and same URL basic auth is being sent.

Any idea?

URL
https://uuuu:pppp@themississippigiftcompany.myshopify.com/admin/products/search.json?query=sku:Test1

1 Like
Tourist
18 0 2

I verified that the URLs are exactly the same.

It is an installed program.

What could be different on the client's machine to cause this?

Other functions like ListOrders, Close Order work fine.

0 Likes
Community Manager
Community Manager
618 46 79

Hi there,

I'm not sure why it would be working on one system but not the other to be honest. We don't currently have a documented or supported search endpoint for the products API. I'd recommend pulling all products and handling any filtering within your app. It would work using the admin's web view, if that's what you meant?

0 Likes
Tourist
18 0 2

Seems like pulling all items to do a search for a SKU is wasteful.  The app doesn't stay up and the user can start it multiple times.  We would not know what changed so would have to pull all items each time.

Not very efficient.

I don't know what you meant when you asked 'what you meant' in
It would work using the admin's web view, if that's what you meant?

What is admin's web view?

0 Likes
Community Manager
Community Manager
618 46 79

By admin's web view, I mean actually visiting the endpoint in a browser. I thought that might have been what you were talking about when you mentioned it was working on one system but not the other. Sounds like that's not what you're doing though.

Rather than pulling products each time, I'd recommend subscribing to a product webhook to listen for updates. This combined with a reconciliation job at a set interval (once or a couple times a day, for example) would ensure records are up to date. This way you'd only have to update what changed.

0 Likes
Tourist
18 0 2

We use the API from an installed windows desktop app.

Webhooks in the environment where the app isn't always up does not sound like a good way to go.

I am not certain how a web hook to an app that doesn't have a url would work.

1 Like
3 0 0

Sorry but suggesting to fetch all the products and update them using webhooks is rather funny.

Seems like the search.json endpoint is available from the browser but is not exposed as an api endpoint when using api key authentication.

Please concider making that endpoint available for api clients because it provides full-text search which behaves differently than products.json?title=xxx. In my case I'd like to find Black Jacket where "Black" is a name of variant. Im not able to do that using products.json but I can do that using products/search.json.

Thank you!

0 Likes
3 0 0

Sorry but suggesting to fetch all the products and update them using webhooks is rather funny.

Seems like the search.json endpoint is available from the browser but is not exposed as an api endpoint when using api key authentication.

Please concider making that endpoint available for api clients because it provides full-text search which behaves differently than products.json?title=xxx. In my case I'd like to find Black Jacket where "Black" is a name of variant. Im not able to do that using products.json but I can do that using products/search.json.

Thank you!

0 Likes
1 0 0

Hi, I have a similar problem, so I'll chip in here.

I'm doing a private App in C# that is supposed to pull new orders from a shop for further processing. The intial plan was to filter the orders by tags added to them.

While this works perfectly in my browser though, when using the API I just get a 404. (Or just all of them wihout the /search option.)

example url: https://TestShop.myshopify.com/admin/orders/search.json?query=tag:TEST

Using a web hook is no option with my private app/no url to attach to a web hook and pulling all orders all the time is a really awfull way to do this...

When looking up the order documentation, tags are indeed not listed as a supported end point for now.

Is there any other option/work around to get a filtered list of orders by now?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
12 0 2

Running into a similar issue using postman. Any idea what's going on?

0 Likes