admin/products/search.json?query=sku:Test1 getting 404 Not found on client system but not development system

Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
299 32 59

Hey RustyDev,

Can you please provide me with a request id for one of the error responses so I can take a look for you? You should be able to find it in the header of the response sent to you by Shopify.

Thanks

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
1843 171 542

X-Request-Id: 7363d2c1-1957-4a3c-a540-bff0ba1cd2dc

Though I don't understand what the issue is - the search endpoint isn't even documented and thus I'd doubt it is public to REST clients. Am I missing something here?

I turn coffee in to code - since 1998
0 Likes
Shopify Partner
1843 171 542

And yes, of course it works in the browser when you have a current Shopify admin session open. But just because some endpoints are available to admin UI doesn't mean they're open to Shopify's REST Admin API.

I turn coffee in to code - since 1998
0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
299 32 59

Although you may access the `/products/search.json` endpoint through your Shopify admin, it is not available through the public REST Admin API.

In order to search for products with the API, we recommend using GraphQL which allows you to query products by many parameters including tag, inventory total, and SKU. The complete list can be found in our documentation.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
12 0 2

X-Request-Id : ebe90918-e910-4a52-95f3-d0665050deec

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
299 32 59

Hey RustyDev,

As mentioned above, the `admin/products/search.json` endpoint is not accessible through the Admin REST API. I would recommend using the GraphQL API to conduct search queries on the ProductConnection.

0 Likes