announced API versioning

7 0 0

Hello there,

Earlier this year we announced API versioning to ensure that future changes to our APIs are predictable, clearly communicated, and easy to adopt. For a quick refresher on API versioning at Shopify, visit our versioning guide.

We’re sending you this email to let you know that one or more of your apps are calling deprecated APIs on a version that is scheduled to be removed. If you’ve never specified an API version, your apps have been automatically calling version 2019-04. This means that your apps may stop functioning correctly if you don’t update to version 2019-07 and replace any deprecated API calls.

Below you’ll find the deprecation timeline and apps using APIs that are subject to breaking changes. To learn more about deprecated APIs, see this guide.

Shopify API version 2019-04
Version 2019-04 will be removed on April 1, 2020. Update to version 2019-07 and replace the following deprecated API calls to avoid breaking changes.

Custom Marketo Integration (246dbb665f2a56cfb0ec416f6cc67912)

GDF (b15cde302087b42da1dd1aebc54296bf)

They are requiring some updates to the API that will take effect on April 1st, 2020. This affects Marketo, but would no longer affect Go Data Feed

Can anybody help regarding the above query?

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
67 7 9

Hey @jyotidesh,

That e-mail is informing you of upcoming changes to our API. Specifically, it mentions that your apps are making calls using the depreciated page parameter, which will be fully removed from our API in April 2020. If you haven't had a chance already, check the Making requests to paginated REST Admin API endpoints guide for help with migrating your apps to the new cursor-based pagination method.

JB | Developer Support @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
7 0 0

Hi, Thanks for the solution. I am a newbie on Shopify and started to work on the Shopify can you please tell me how I will update the version of the API and how to check this API on the Shopify store. 

I am not getting the proper way to create the private APP in Shopify what is the use of it? Can you please give some guidelines on it.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
67 7 9

Hey @jyotidesh,

This doc explains how API versioning works with Shopify's APIs. When making an API call, you specify the API version in the URL. Every few months we release a new API version containing changes and new features, and each version will be supported for a year from release. This gives you time to make changes to your apps to utilize new features and move away from depreciated ones.

JB | Developer Support @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
7 0 0

Hi, Can anyone help me?

Working for one of my clients who has given its website for maintenance and the website build in Shopify. They have created the private App and their example Url displaying the latest API version in the Url

/admin/api/2019-10/orders.json

But In Webhook API version it pointed to the 2019-04 version.

If I selected the latest version of API 2019-10 what would be the impact. And how can I test is everything fine.

Create private app Shopify.png

0 Likes
Highlighted
7 0 0

How we can do this can you please tell me the steps actually I have just started working in Shopify. And donot know about this?

0 Likes