app store submission grammar requirement - which standard?

Solved
igo211
Tourist
3 1 0

Hi folks,

I've recently submitted an app to the Shopify app store and received several reasons for the submission being rejected.
Several of those rejection reasons are unclear.  I will ask about each in separate threads to avoid confusion.

One of the reasons stated was this:  "Edit your app listing grammar using consistent tone, punctuation, and capitalization to comply with our requirements".

While I understand the need for this to be a requirement, I can't find anything in Shopify's stated app requirements that mentions a specific grammar standard... or grammar at all, for that matter.

I've run the text in question (the app description) thru several common English language grammar checkers, and it does not flag the items that the reviewer flagged.
I'd like to avoid having my submission rejected for unexpected reasons again.

So my questions are:

1) What specific grammar checker or checkers (or a public and unambiguous written standard) do Shopify app reviewers use when checking for app store submission grammar?

2) Where in the app submissions requirements documentation is (1) stated?

- Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
awwdam
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
65 6 3

Hey @igo211

I would suggest getting in-touch with our Partner Support team directly to work though any questions you might have about the app review process and our provided documentation. You can do this from the Support menu in your Partner Dashboard. I also pulled up a link to our public app requirements from the Developer Help Center to get you started!

awwdam | API Support @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more visit Shopify.dev or the Shopify Web Design and Development Blog

0 Likes
igo211
Tourist
3 1 0

Thanks @awwdam  for the link to the public app requirements, but that's precisely the documentation I was alluding to when I said there's no mention in there about a grammar standard for app submissions.  At the time of your reply to this post, I had already reached out to Partner Support.  I am awaiting their response.

0 Likes
igo211
Tourist
3 1 0

This is an accepted solution.

FYI, for anyone looking for an answer to the grammar standard/checker question:

Shopify Partner Support got back to me today and I was told that the Hemingway Editor is currently being used for checking grammar of app store submissions.

0 Likes