approach to test sales channel payment processing

mike_batch
Shopify Partner
14 1 11

Hi,

We have a sales channel app that has been approved for payment processing via stripe connect. This app points to our production deployment.

However, when I develop I obviously don't want to test live with our production app, so I setup a test sales channel application. When I asked to have that test app connected to our stripe connect I was told it can only be 1 app per stripe account.

When I asked to have that my test app connected for payment processing with a new test stripe account that I setup, I was told by Shopify that they wouldn't do that.

If that's the case, how can I test my app and make sure nothing is broken during development if I can't even test the payment processing portion? What's the best way to go about it?

Thanks

Mike

Hiroshi
Tourist
9 0 0

Hello, could you solve this problem?

0 Likes
mike_batch
Shopify Partner
14 1 11

Unfortunately not. I was told: “ya that sucks just deal with it” essentially.

best thing I could do is have the actual code for checkout be extremely isolated and I don’t run it when testing. If I do need to test I use a dummy live store and refund myself

0 Likes
Hiroshi
Tourist
9 0 0

Thanks for reply!, what sad news..

I have another doubt, maybe you can help me. Why when I create the ceckout shopify return shopify_payment_accoun_id always null?

It's mandatory make a Request payment processing?

0 Likes
mike_batch
Shopify Partner
14 1 11

Yup. You have to go through the process and connect your stripe with shopify.

Then, it will only work when processing live transactions.

Hiroshi
Tourist
9 0 0

Ok, thank you very much for your help!

0 Likes