can I integrate my own payment gateway

sheena1
Shopify Partner
4 0 2

My company is quite far along with the development of a payment gateway. We have worked with local banks to build something that is secure and cheap to use. We have a basic checkout api that can be incorperated into home grown online stores and we want to turn it into a shopify plugin. Does that sound possible? I've been looking at the docs and I havent found anything that looks like it'll work without a bit of a hack.

From what I've seen in the dev docs so far I have an idea... 

1.  monitor checkout id and value using a webhook. This stuff would then be stored in my db
  2.  Put a button on the shopify checkout page that, when clicked, opens up a new window directed to our system. This page would be primed with the checkout id so we would be able to know how much the user should pay etc.
  3. Once the user has paid then we send something to shopify to say that a certain amount of money has been paid to a specific checkout. 
  4. Shopify (hopefuly) updates the checkout page to tell the user that the payment has been registered

So... am I on the right track? Is this possible? Is there anything specific in the docs I should be aware of? 

I'll appreciate any assistance I can get here.

Replies 45 (45)

Jordan
Shopify Staff
300 3 82

Hey Sheena,

Have you had the opportunity to learn about our Hosted Payment SDK? The Hosted Payment SDK allows you to integrate your hosted payment page with Shopify's checkout. All Hosted Payment SDK integrations are based on a full page redirect on the final payment step of Shopify's checkout through a standardized interface available to third party payment providers.

Let me know if this is something you might be interested in!

- Jordan

Jordan | Developer Support @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit Shopify.dev or the Shopify Web Design and Development Blog

Lucas0402
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi Jordan, can you let me know your email address ? 

I have a problem with webhook payment integration. 

Thanks 

sheena1
Shopify Partner
4 0 2

Looks perfect. Thanks for the quick reply 🙂 

sheena1
Shopify Partner
4 0 2

I think either I've done something horribly wrong or the docs are out of date. I'm stuck on step 2 here.

https://help.shopify.com/api/sdks/hosted-payment-sdk/adding-gateway

The link I'm supposed to click on doesn't exist... I've looked around a bit and I cant find any equivalent link 

Jordan
Shopify Staff
300 3 82

Hey Sheena,

I'm sorry for the confusion! You need to become a Shopify Partner with Payment Privileges first. If you don't mind emaling me your partner account email, I can set that up for you. 

- Jordan

- To learn more visit Shopify.dev or the Shopify Web Design and Development Blog

shubham12
Shopify Partner
1 0 0

Please set up Shopify Partner with Payment Privileges for me too.

ahmedr
Visitor
2 0 0
hi Jordan Can you grant me payment privileges ?
ahmedr
Visitor
2 0 0
is it possible to give me payment privilleges?
guiyang
Visitor
1 0 0

How to become a Shopify partner with payment privileges.

myothuwynn
Visitor
1 0 0

Hiii.. 

I am looking to integrate a payment gateway as well.. 

Could you help me with it?

Sidey
Visitor
2 0 0

How do I become a Shopify Partner with Payment Privileges?

sheena1
Shopify Partner
4 0 2

Thanks Jordan 🙂

Eunsang_Lee
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi Jordan,

This thread looks like the information I am looking for, but just needs a bit of assurance. So in my case, I am working on a web app with customers located in Korea. Korean payment processing system is very strict, so I must follow their requirements. For instance, when we click a "Pay Now" button, it needs to call a function something like this:

```

IMP.request_pay({

pg : 'inicis',

pay_method : 'card',

merchant_uid : 'merchant_' + new Date().getTime(),

name : 'foo',

amount : 14000,

buyer_email : 'iamport@siot.do',

buyer_name : 'jon',

buyer_tel : '010-1234-5678',

buyer_addr : '2 college street',

buyer_postcode : '123-456',

m_redirect_url : 'https://www.yourdomain.com/payments/complete'

}, function(rsp) {

if ( rsp.success ) {

var msg = 'Order completed.';

msg += 'unique id : ' + rsp.imp_uid;

msg += 'shop id : ' + rsp.merchant_uid;

msg += 'pricing : ' + rsp.paid_amount;

msg += 'card auth num : ' + rsp.apply_num;

} else {

var msg = 'Error failed.';

msg += 'Error message : ' + rsp.error_msg;

}

alert(msg);

});

```

So I could store information received from callback function to work with Shopify API. I looked for documentation regarding payment gateway, and it looks like I cannot manually set it up. And it seems that Hosed Payment SDK is the only choice I could try. Am I completely wrong on this? I'd love to use dashboard, cms to upload products, and analytics, carts, etc. 

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Jordan
Shopify Staff
300 3 82

Hey Eunsang, 

Yes, the Hosted Payment SDK would be your only solution to work with Shopify checkout and a third-party gateway. Essentially, when a customer submits payment from Shopify, they would be redirected to your server with the following request values stored in the body of the request. You would then execute the IMP.request_pay function and redirect back to Shopify checkout using x_url_complete when payment was completed. 

- Jordan

ezechiel2019
Tourist
4 0 1

Hi Jordan,

I'm trying to do exactly the same thing : Using the Hosted Payment SDK , work with Shopify checkout and a third-party gateway.

How long it is going to take in average for a senior developer to complete that requirement ? Does it includes any compliance validation and code review from Shopify team ? 

Thanks

Eunsang_Lee
Visitor
2 0 0

Great help, Jordan! Thanks for support. ?

Michael_Alvarez
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi Jordan, we are located in Costa Rica and we need to integrate a third-party payment gateway of our country with my shopify site. I have all the documentation to my payment gateway's API. Is Hosted Payment SDK aviable, because it has a note:  "Caution: Access to the Hosted Payment SDK is closed. We are no longer accepting new integrations." Why is that? The country like our have no other option to proceess the credit card payment automactly.

I will apreciated any help,
Mike

Nistor_Ciprian
Shopify Partner
3 0 0

Hi, the problem is i have shopify partner account and working on it for some time but for some reason, i cannot create a Hosted Payment SDK, is this service stopped? I have a lot of request for the custom payment gateway and now we are all stuck?

Jordan
Shopify Staff
300 3 82

Hey Nistor, 

Did you previously have access to the Hosted Payments SDK? 

- Jordan 

LingMing
Visitor
1 0 0

If I don't have granted access to host payment SDK, How can I get it?

yj
Shopify Partner
2 0 0

Looks like the SDK has been deprecated or otherwise cancelled. Is there another way to integrate payments gateways in the pipeline?

Gaston_Ramirez
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi Jordan,

i have a partner account and gateways section activated to develop a Hosted Payment SDK.

Can i develop it ?  i have a customer ready to start a new payment gateway

rost
Shopify Partner
1 0 0

Jordan: Is this option gone or can i still use my own payment gateway?

Kalaiarasan_See
Visitor
3 0 0

How to create my own payment gateway offsite . Kindly guide me ...

Attila_Hofferek
Shopify Partner
1 0 0

Could someone help, how can I integrate a payment gateway instead of this closed payment SDK?

Pablo2
Shopify Partner
1 0 0

Hi Jordan, I have the same problem, I´m stuck on step two so I´m guessing I need to have Payment Privileges, how do I get them?

Thanks!

Alex_Korsakov
14 0 0

up!

Need to integrate custom payment method for cards... How can we do it now if there's no Hosted SDK anymore?

Neo1
4 0 0

Hello Jordan

Hosted Payment SDK is closed, May I ask if this can be regained? Or there are other ways to add gateway to shopify payment. The guest has got the api from the bank but I do not know how to assist him concatenate the shopify payment system right now.

AT1
Shopify Expert
68 0 2

I could help You with integration to the payment gateway using hosted sdk. Please write me if task is actual.

Shou_Wen_Chuang
Visitor
3 0 0

Hello TradeMinister  please give me your email?

Shou_Wen_Chuang
Visitor
3 0 0

Hi Jordan

Can you help to make SDK gateway ? 

AT1
Shopify Expert
68 0 2

Hosted Payments SDK integration - shopify@trademinister.net

AT1
Shopify Expert
68 0 2

This option is active

Abhishek_Kumar1
Shopify Partner
1 0 0

Hi Jordan,

We are looking for the development of custom payment gateway for shopify. can you guide with the process. I created the Partners/Devloper account with shopify. Now, What should be our next step for the same?

Regards,

Abhishek Kumar

Miguel_Anselmo
4 0 0

Hi,

Shopify is no longer accepting new Partners for integrations with the Hosted Payment SDK?

https://help.shopify.com/api/sdks/hosted-payment-sdk

I am asking this because we have possible client, that have is own payment gateway solution, and is interested in developing plugins to Shopfy e-commerce to integrate with their solution

Regards

Miguel Anselmo

DavidCampbell
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi Miguel,

Did you find a solution to integration on the Shopify checkout?

Kind regards,

David. 

AT1
Shopify Expert
68 0 2

Hello Miguel,

Shopify closed access to the HPSDK. But there is some ways for integration:

1. add buy button to a Thank You page

2. add manual payment method and develop public app for integration

You can contact me with any questions.

Miguel_Anselmo
4 0 0

Hello,

thank you for your reply.

is there any document/link that you recommend about this issue to start planning a solution to integrate Shopify with this third-party payment gateway.

I will apreciated any help,

Miguel Anselmo

AT1
Shopify Expert
68 0 2

I don't know about such document. The solution depends on payment gateway. Could You send me a link by email to gateway documentation? 

DavidCampbell
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi Jordan,

We have a payment gateway integrated on major platforms including Magento, WooCommerce, PrestaShop and OpenCart etc. We are looking to integrate on Shopify, could you assist me please?

Happy to send you a separate email if you need additional information on our payment gateway?

Kind regards,

David. 

Miguel_Anselmo
4 0 0

Hello TM,

the documentation that i have is in Portuguese and also i have to get permission from client do share this documentation

What I can share, the integration is done by WS/HTTPS and we have to implement on the side of e-commerce site, a module that handle some services/operations

Tell me if this information is enough

Regards

Miguel Anselmo

AT1
Shopify Expert
68 0 2

Ok, I understand. I've 1 propostion. Could You write me by email?

Miguel_Anselmo
4 0 0

your email is: shopify@trademinister.net

AT1
Shopify Expert
68 0 2

joana_amaro_da_
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi Jordan,

Can you help me to become a Shopify Partner with payment priveleges? I already send the form, and we are developing everything. We would love if you can give some credencials to us to test, when we are waiting for the official answer.

Thanks