can I integrate my own payment gateway

sheena1
Shopify Partner
4 0 2

My company is quite far along with the development of a payment gateway. We have worked with local banks to build something that is secure and cheap to use. We have a basic checkout api that can be incorperated into home grown online stores and we want to turn it into a shopify plugin. Does that sound possible? I've been looking at the docs and I havent found anything that looks like it'll work without a bit of a hack.

From what I've seen in the dev docs so far I have an idea... 

1.  monitor checkout id and value using a webhook. This stuff would then be stored in my db
  2.  Put a button on the shopify checkout page that, when clicked, opens up a new window directed to our system. This page would be primed with the checkout id so we would be able to know how much the user should pay etc.
  3. Once the user has paid then we send something to shopify to say that a certain amount of money has been paid to a specific checkout. 
  4. Shopify (hopefuly) updates the checkout page to tell the user that the payment has been registered

So... am I on the right track? Is this possible? Is there anything specific in the docs I should be aware of? 

I'll appreciate any assistance I can get here.

Jordan
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
295 3 66

Hey Sheena,

Have you had the opportunity to learn about our Hosted Payment SDK? The Hosted Payment SDK allows you to integrate your hosted payment page with Shopify's checkout. All Hosted Payment SDK integrations are based on a full page redirect on the final payment step of Shopify's checkout through a standardized interface available to third party payment providers.

Let me know if this is something you might be interested in!

- Jordan

sheena1
Shopify Partner
4 0 2

Looks perfect. Thanks for the quick reply :) 

0 Likes
sheena1
Shopify Partner
4 0 2

I think either I've done something horribly wrong or the docs are out of date. I'm stuck on step 2 here.

https://help.shopify.com/api/sdks/hosted-payment-sdk/adding-gateway

The link I'm supposed to click on doesn't exist... I've looked around a bit and I cant find any equivalent link 

0 Likes
Jordan
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
295 3 66

Hey Sheena,

I'm sorry for the confusion! You need to become a Shopify Partner with Payment Privileges first. If you don't mind emaling me your partner account email, I can set that up for you. 

- Jordan

sheena1
Shopify Partner
4 0 2

Thanks Jordan :)

0 Likes
Eunsang_Lee
2 0 0

Hi Jordan,

This thread looks like the information I am looking for, but just needs a bit of assurance. So in my case, I am working on a web app with customers located in Korea. Korean payment processing system is very strict, so I must follow their requirements. For instance, when we click a "Pay Now" button, it needs to call a function something like this:

```

IMP.request_pay({

pg : 'inicis',

pay_method : 'card',

merchant_uid : 'merchant_' + new Date().getTime(),

name : 'foo',

amount : 14000,

buyer_email : 'iamport@siot.do',

buyer_name : 'jon',

buyer_tel : '010-1234-5678',

buyer_addr : '2 college street',

buyer_postcode : '123-456',

m_redirect_url : 'https://www.yourdomain.com/payments/complete'

}, function(rsp) {

if ( rsp.success ) {

var msg = 'Order completed.';

msg += 'unique id : ' + rsp.imp_uid;

msg += 'shop id : ' + rsp.merchant_uid;

msg += 'pricing : ' + rsp.paid_amount;

msg += 'card auth num : ' + rsp.apply_num;

} else {

var msg = 'Error failed.';

msg += 'Error message : ' + rsp.error_msg;

}

alert(msg);

});

```

So I could store information received from callback function to work with Shopify API. I looked for documentation regarding payment gateway, and it looks like I cannot manually set it up. And it seems that Hosed Payment SDK is the only choice I could try. Am I completely wrong on this? I'd love to use dashboard, cms to upload products, and analytics, carts, etc. 

Looking forward to hearing from you!

0 Likes
Jordan
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
295 3 66

Hey Eunsang, 

Yes, the Hosted Payment SDK would be your only solution to work with Shopify checkout and a third-party gateway. Essentially, when a customer submits payment from Shopify, they would be redirected to your server with the following request values stored in the body of the request. You would then execute the IMP.request_pay function and redirect back to Shopify checkout using x_url_complete when payment was completed. 

- Jordan

Eunsang_Lee
2 0 0

Great help, Jordan! Thanks for support. ?

0 Likes
Michael_Alvarez
1 0 0

Hi Jordan, we are located in Costa Rica and we need to integrate a third-party payment gateway of our country with my shopify site. I have all the documentation to my payment gateway's API. Is Hosted Payment SDK aviable, because it has a note:  "Caution: Access to the Hosted Payment SDK is closed. We are no longer accepting new integrations." Why is that? The country like our have no other option to proceess the credit card payment automactly.

I will apreciated any help,
Mike

0 Likes