collect deprecated then how to get/delete the collect object for custom collection

Highlighted
Products and collections are connected like following relation - products => collects <=collection if you want to delete a collect object then you will have to execute delete collect api call, so when no more items in that collection, it will not displayed in store front. Let me explain with example I have created a category called "automobile" and put a GPS monitor in it later i found that its wrong, its for car only then i can changed category to "GPS nav for car". If "automobile" has 0 products then it should not be displayed after moving the only product to "GPS Nav for car" to do this, we have to delete the link "collect" between product and collection so if Collect api call is deprecated then how do we do this? i know here that the API will still work with custom collection but if we use it, then it will show you the alert for the app in shopify apps page. So there are 2 things in summary 1. How to delete collect if collect API call is deprecated because if we use it then we see alert in admin app that we are using deprecated API call. 2. If we do not delete the collect object then there will be empty categories because link between product and collection will be never deleted 3. If we have to delete the collect object then we have make get collect API call to get the collect id
Peter
http://www.wholesale2b.com
AUTOMATED APPS FOR DROP SHIPPING
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
328 36 57

Hey @w2b,

We're not deprecating the collect API. In the 2020-04 version there is 1 change to this API where the featured field will no longer be included in the REST response, but other than that this API will continue to work as it is now. You question didn't mention this field so I don't think you will be affected, but please let me know if you still have any questions.

JB | Developer Support @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Highlighted

But then it shows red alert in partners dashboard for deprecated api call used.

One more thing is we need to delete the collect object so no empty collection will be displayed on store front.

Will delete  & get collect api call are still going work?

Peter
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
328 36 57

Hey @w2b,

I just checked your app, I can see you're making calls without specifying an API Version in the URL, so this is why you're seeing deprecation warnings in the partner dash. When you don't specify a version, the system automatically uses the oldest version (2019-04 in this case). If you check those warnings, it tells you exactly what is being deprecated on each endpoint. In this case, the collect endpoint is showing a message The featured field has been removed from the collect resource. So to confirm the only change to the collect API is removal of the featured field, no other features will be changed.

JB | Developer Support @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Got it. Thank you very much.

Peter
0 Likes