fulfillment stuck in limbo

chappersjr
Shopify Partner
22 1 1

Hi,

A Store that has my app installed has an fulfillment order in status "Requested". Once I have been alerted of this order, I fetch the info, charge the merchant and finally accept the fulfillment.

However I'm currently getting a very vague message: 'Could not mark fulfillment as open.' when running the fulfillmentOrderAcceptFulfillmentRequest mutation.

This process is constantly repeating as the order fulfillment has been requested but im unable to accept it.

Please can someone point me in the right direction in order to resolve this issue as I can't find anything.

Thanks,

Charlie

0 Likes
Kevin_A
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
213 27 39

Hey @chappersjr 

Can you provide me the request id response header from the response to your mutation? 

Kevin_A | Developer Support @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit Shopify.dev or the Shopify Web Design and Development Blog

0 Likes
chappersjr
Shopify Partner
22 1 1

Hi Kevin, 

I have two different headers for request id: 'X-Request-id' and 'cf-request-id' which one would you like?

edit: heres the X-Request-id: efa146da-766b-44a7-965f-51637ac3c61a

Thanks,

Charlie

0 Likes
chappersjr
Shopify Partner
22 1 1

Hi,

Can I have an update on this ASAP?

I have a client with many orders I can't accept the fulfillments for.

Thanks,

Charlie

0 Likes
chappersjr
Shopify Partner
22 1 1

Hi,

I'm still experiencing issues with fulfillment's.

It been nearly a month since I originally posted and I'm still yet to hear back.

Thanks,

Charlie

0 Likes
Kevin_A
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
213 27 39

Hey @chappersjr 

My understanding is that you have an open support ticket for this. That ticket is your best avenue to find updated information on the issue. From what I can see, there is an open issue with our dev team that has been added to their backlog. It looks like this issue can occur when a previous fulfillment request is cancelled/rejected. 

- To learn more visit Shopify.dev or the Shopify Web Design and Development Blog

0 Likes
chappersjr
Shopify Partner
22 1 1

@Kevin_A Thanks Kevin, appreciate all the help. 

Regarding the ticket, I have one open, but seem to be getting limited progress from it. In fact your reply has actually been more useful to date. I understand that you're aware of the issue but I need a more concrete timeline. We have a launch planed for less than 24 hours time that will generate at least 7 figs in revenue and I have no answer as to whether this should be cancelled (damaging the relationship) or whether there will be a fix in place. Please advise. 

0 Likes
Kevin_A
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
213 27 39

Hey @chappersjr 

I can't guarantee that this will be fixed within the next 24 hours. I wish I could give a more concrete timeline on when we might see a fix, but my best advice is to monitor the open ticket as they should reach out as soon as there are any major updates on the issue. 

0 Likes