general question adding a subscribe link

Highlighted
2 0 0

Morning all,

I'm rather new to the shopify api.  I've spent a couple hours of googling what I thought might be a simple concept but I can find no clear answer.  I've looked through the storefront api and the liquid docs but all to no avail.

I'm working on a private app and I've set up a webhook so when a new product is added to a store a call is made back to my app.  This is all working fine.

What I want to do is place a "Subscribe to receive new product notifications" link to the home page on my store.  When the link is clicked it needs to make a call to my private apps url with the user details of the logged in user.... this is so my app can record the users email address so when a new product is created they can have an email sent to them.

Now I'm not asking for a full blown answer here, but I am looking for some pointers on where to start as nowhere can I find how I should go about doing what I'd assumed was a rather simple action.... whats the flow to this?  where do I look to add such a link?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Ok so figured out I can do it using an html form and ajax request like anywhere else..... well hope that's the accepted way to do it anyway

0 Likes