graphQL api get list of products by ids or handle.

dogowner
Excursionist
16 1 1

Maybe I'm doing it wrong but I actually just want the refund line items (lineItem id and restocked flag) but it seems that I can't get those with the orders.  I can only get a list of refund ids extracted from the orders.  So I want to just perform another bulk query to get those refunds.

Update: Bummer, seems that refunds can't be queried anyways so this appears to be double impossible.

0 Likes
HunkyBill
Shopify Expert
4370 36 463

I just did an indepth AUDIT for a merchant new to Shopify, whereby she needed to accurately assess her cost of good sold during the half year of 2020. Shopify cannot do this. So I did it, and along the way, I had to deal with orders and refunds. And stock. So I used this query, which was fine for these purposes.

NOTE: I AGREE 100%. The GraphQL and refunds is currently not consistent, and somewhat opaque, and only by lots of trial and error did I figure it out. I exposed my questions, and of course, NO ONE on these forums contributed one iota of help. Crickets do chirp.

mutation{
  bulkOperationRunQuery(
    query:"""
      {
        orders(query:"created_at>'2020-06-01,created_at<'2020-07-01") {
          edges {
            node {
              id
              refunds {
                id
                restocked
                refundLineItems {
                  edges {
                    node {
                      restocked
                      lineItem {
                        quantity
                        sku
                      }
                    }
                  }
                }
              }
            }
          }

}
      }
    """
  ) {
    bulkOperation {
      id
      status
    }
    userErrors {
      field
  }
}
Custom Shopify Apps built just for you! hunkybill@gmail.com http://www.resistorsoftware.com
0 Likes
dogowner
Excursionist
16 1 1

@HunkyBill 

I appreciate your reply but that query does not seem to work for me.  Maybe you have a higher plan under which it works?

I receive this error, also restocked does not seem to be a field of refund, only of refundLineItems:

'Queries that contain a connection field within a list field are not currently supported.'

Which appears to just be that you can't fetch refundLineItems, only refund fields since refunds is a list and not a connection.

0 Likes
HunkyBill
Shopify Expert
4370 36 463

Oh, man... ya.. my bad. I copied from Insomnia, thinking I left the query in working condition, but that was not true. It was borked, and likely due to my request I made here, in these forums, about what a mess refunds are.

From my App.. actual working code... sorry about that previous effort. You can maybe riff off this.

# get orders and use cursors. First call has a null cursor, result of the calls provide one
  # note the query format: "created_at:>'2020-06-01',created_at:<'2020-07-01'"
  GetOrdersWithCursor = QueryWrap.new(<<~GRAPHQL)
    query($cursor: String, $foo: String) {
      orders(first: 50, after: $cursor, query: $foo) {
        pageInfo {
          hasNextPage
        }
        edges {
          cursor
          node {
            id
            legacyResourceId
            refunds {
              refundLineItems(first: 5) {
                edges {
                  node {
                    restockType
                    lineItem {
                      sku
                      quantity
                    }
                  }
                }
              }
            }
          }
        }
      }
    }
  GRAPHQL

Custom Shopify Apps built just for you! hunkybill@gmail.com http://www.resistorsoftware.com
0 Likes
dogowner
Excursionist
16 1 1

@HunkyBill

That query would work but I was trying to use a bulk operation query to get the orders for a batch job and it seems you can't use list fields in a bulk operation.  So that means I have to make single calls for returns and fulfillments to get the full story of an order.  I think I just have to rethink my entire strategy.  Maybe I'll start another thread about it.

0 Likes