how to find the ip address of my users and the ability to ban violators in shopify, what code do i a

1 0 0
Please do not offer me a link to an app this will not solve the issue, This is something that should be offered by Shopify as it is a matter of security and protection and I dont want apps having access to my shop whatsoever.

I want the ability to record ips of everyone who visits my site so in the event the violate TOS I can ban the IP, I have a competitor stalking my site and harassing me id like to block her but shopify has a different code other than what I have learned in school and im lost.

I've tried blocking at the domain level through my cpanel but i dont know the Ip and the harassing emails shes sent me have only the servers smpt id and it appears to be hidden, I also tried using google analytics to create a filter to retrieve the IP address but Im not sure if i created the filter right.

I'm wondering there is just a code snippet I can paste into Shopify to fix this problem. Otherwise, I might go back to WordPress as I am unfamiliar with Shopify's code language.

this is what i was attempting https://www.roirevolution.com/blog/2006/09/view-visitor-ip-address-in-google-analytics/

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
472 35 90

There is no built in tooling to allow you to block IP addresses from visiting your Shopify store.  This isn't a great measure anyway as it is fairly trivial to hide or change an IP address.  I would suggest blocking emails from the address that is sending the harassment, and if they continue setting up some sort of rule to filter them out in your mailbox.

Developer Experience @ Shopify
0 Likes