importing orders via api -- pos location name

Highlighted
1 0 0

hello,

is it possible to import (point of sale) orders via api such that the POS location name in analytics is populated properly (instead of N/A)? we need to be able to set a filter that selects both historical (imported) and "real" orders created via the shopify pos app.

setting source_name to pos returns "Source name cannot be set to a protected value by an untrusted API client."

thanks

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1102 77 145

Hey there, 

This isn't something currently possible, I'm afraid. It does look to be something that has already been raised internally though and is being discussed, so keep your eyes peeled on our changelog for any new developments! 

0 Likes
1 0 0

Hi Josh

I have a similiar issue. 

When creating an order using the order API I would like to set the Sales Channel as POS.

I seems though that Shopify sets the Sales Channels to the name of the private APP whose APIs I am using to call the order API.

I have tried setting the source_name to pos but I get the error " Source name cannot be set to a protected value by an untrusted API client.".

Does the error mean that if my private APP gets the status of "trusted API client" that I could then freely use the source_name:pos parameter?

My issue also stems from your analytics->report functions aggregates sales based on sales channels. 

0 Likes
1 0 0

Hi Josh,

Have there been any further discussions here?  Do you think we'll be seeing this soon?

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1102 77 145

Hey folks, 

I'm not aware of any recent updates on this topic, I'm afraid. I wish I had better news but I don't have anything new that I can share.

0 Likes