installation flow access code not flowing through

1 0 0

I want to make sure i understand the behavior of the Installation Flow.   A few months back we coded our embedded app to pick up the code= parameter from the location.search property.   We used the following article:

https://help.shopify.com/en/api/getting-started/authentication/oauth#step-3-confirm-installation

Our logic assumes if the code= parameter is passed through to the embedded app,  the app was installed.   We added logic to both obtain a permanent access_code, and insert the new record to our database.   This seemed to work quite well,  but now that we are smoke testing by uninstalling and re-installing on the same development stores, we noticed the code= parameter does not always get passed through to the embedded app.   Consequently, when they uninstall and re-install, we cannot obtain a new permanent access token for them.

Moreover,  we have noticed the behavior to be intermittent,  as re-installing several times eventually passes the code= parameter all the way through.

I'm sure i'm missing some nuance here.  Any help appreciated.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1469 67 219

Would you mind sharing a time frame and shop ID I could reference? I can look through logs and see what might be happening. If users are following the install flow, you should be consistently seeing a code parameter.

Cheers.

0 Likes