installing app

benjk
Excursionist
58 2 1

I am trying to test a new app I created on a different shopify store and i keep getting the error "This app needs to be reviewed by Shopify before it can be installed. Contact the app developer for more information about this app."

How do I do get around this because I was sure that there was a way to install apps without them being on the app store.

0 Likes
taslina
7 0 0

You probably shouldn't. Don't trust apps out of the blue, the number #1 rule of internet safety is to by default, not trust anything.

If they aren't approved and they can edit your Shopify store, that's a big issue.

Once It get's approved you can wait a few days and then install it.

Check the date the app was made and last updated if theres info like that.

Check if theres a better and approved app on the app store. I always select trusted, popular, and well-known apps since I don't want any security trouble.

I would like some feedback on my store if you don't mind, its a recent post I made. You don't have to check if you don't want to

0 Likes
vix
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
534 105 103

Hi @benjk 

Is this on a development store? I'd suggesting following this to test your new app: https://help.shopify.com/en/partners/dashboard/managing-stores/development-stores#create-a-developme...

Vix | Developer Support @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit Shopify.dev or the Shopify Web Design and Development Blog

0 Likes