inventory_quantity deprecated?

Highlighted
Excursionist
12 0 3

April 29,2020

Hello there,

In light of the continuing concerns around COVID-19’s impact on communities around the world, we’ve decided to further postpone the API version removal affecting private apps on your shop from July 1 to a yet to be determined future date. We’re closely monitoring the impact of COVID-19 on merchants, and expect to determine the new deadline once the crisis has eased. You’ll have at least 3 months notice in advance of the new deadline.

We encourage you to forward this email to the partner or developer who maintains your apps, so they are aware of the deadline change. If you don’t currently have a developer maintaining your apps, you can hire a Shopify expert.

What your developer needs to know

You have additional time to update your private apps to account for changes in both 2019-07 and 2019-10 API versions. Specifically, the move from page to cursor based pagination for all endpoints is now postponed.

For those of you who’ve put in the time and energy to update already, we want to say thank you for your diligence and understanding in the extension — your efforts haven’t gone to waste.

If you have any questions, chat with us in the API forums or Contact Support.

Thank you,
Shopify Apps Team

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
16 0 3

Awesome, thanks alot for the update. 

Moshe Lugasi
0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
16 0 3

One or more of your apps have made deprecated API calls in the last 30 days. Support for these versions will be removed on July 2, 2020. Please update the apps listed below to API version 2019-07 or later and make the required updates outlined in the breaking changes section of the 2019-07 and 2019-10 releases.

What happens if I don't update my apps? If your apps continue to use unsupported APIs after July 2, Shopify will delist them from the Shopify App Store and block installation of your apps.

We're always here to support you, especially now, as we're all adjusting to the impacts of COVID-19. If you need help or support, please reach out to us on the API forums or through the Support section of the Partner Dashboard.

For more details about the deprecated API calls your apps are making, follow the links below to the API Health report on the Partner Dashboard.

Email from today..... they didn't change this date. 

Moshe Lugasi
0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
12 0 3

But they did...

@moshelog wrote:

One or more of your apps have made deprecated API calls in the last 30 days. Support for these versions will be removed on July 2, 2020. Please update the apps listed below to API version 2019-07 or later and make the required updates outlined in the breaking changes section of the 2019-07 and 2019-10 releases.

What happens if I don't update my apps? If your apps continue to use unsupported APIs after July 2, Shopify will delist them from the Shopify App Store and block installation of your apps.

We're always here to support you, especially now, as we're all adjusting to the impacts of COVID-19. If you need help or support, please reach out to us on the API forums or through the Support section of the Partner Dashboard.

For more details about the deprecated API calls your apps are making, follow the links below to the API Health report on the Partner Dashboard.

Email from today..... they didn't change this date. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
16 0 3

Not sure i understand :)

This is what they said earlier no? "postpone the API version removal affecting private apps on your shop from July 1 to a yet to be determined future date."

And this is what i got to my email yesterday "Support for these versions will be removed on July 2, 2020."

So, our deprecated issue is not solved... but yet, they are going to apply the new changes on july 2. 

Moshe Lugasi
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
465 59 91

Hi all,

Just to provide some clarity here.

Public apps that are still making deprecated calls on July 1st will be delisted from the app store. This means already installed apps will continue to function, but no new installs will be possible until the calls are updated.

Private apps will be able to continue to make deprecated calls past July 1st. Although we recommend updating your private apps as soon as possible, we will be giving extra time for these and will announce the new deprecation date at a later time.

JB | Developer Support @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

1 Like
Highlighted
Excursionist
16 0 3

@_JB if i have an app that the last deprecated call was made on June 7, will it be delisted on July 1? 

If so, will it be automatically listed on Shopify app store on July 7?

Thanks

Moshe Lugasi
0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
12 0 3
Private apps will not for now, public appsNEED to be updated. But you should update your private apps asap anyway since you will sooner or later. Just set the api call 2019-07, they will be fine. What was the exact message?
TX,
ER
0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

Despite the email postponing implementation, im getting deprecated errors on my company's PRIVATE app.  Did someone at shopify miss a memo or something? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
12 0 3

Hi,

Please post your call (and the message (email) exacly.

TX,

ER

0 Likes