is there any way to add yearly plan using recurring charge api?

Highlighted
Excursionist
30 0 0

Hi,

I have a plan which is monthly or yearly based so I manage monthly charge easily through recurring charge api but now i am stuck on yearly charge.
So how can i add yearly charge using recurring api or is there any another way so suggest me?
@Visely-Team  @KarlOffenberger  @Jason @HunkyBill 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1777 211 370

So, Shopify doesn't really support yearly charges, but you can work one out using Usage Based charge with a capped amount of your yearly charge and initial charge of 0. Once the trial is over you charge the whole amount. The inconvenient part is that you'll have to take care of the charging cycle and make sure you charge your customer next year.

Sergiu Svinarciuc | CTO @ visely.io
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
- To learn more about the awesome stuff we do head over to visely.io or our blog
1 Like
Highlighted
Excursionist
30 0 0

I read about usage charges or capped amount or terms but i confused very much and i go through the documentation also but i didn't understand the work flow of that api so can you tell me the use of usage charge and capped  amount or terms briefly.Please it 's important.
@Visely-Team 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
4175 29 400

You could make a one-time charge. If your App is $100 for a year, make a one-time charge for $100. When your customer pays up, let them use your App. One year later, you issue another one time charge for $110 for inflation and carry on.

Note that you can issue as many one-time charges as you want. There is no limit. It is simply a charge that does not recur. So you can use it annually assuming you are smart enough to recognize the annual date of your installs and create them as needed.

Custom Shopify Apps built just for you! hunkybill@gmail.com http://www.resistorsoftware.com
0 Likes