notify_customer = true not working on fulfillment request

2 0 0

Hi,

I am trying to submit a fulfillment request to a 3rd party fulfillment service's app via the Shopify API.  The request seems to go through fine but, when the order gets fulfilled by the 3rd party fulfillment service's app, no email is sent to the customer (ie the Shopify API is ignoring the notify_customer flag).  Here is what I am sending in the body of the request to /admin/api/2020-01/fulfillment_orders/#{fulfillment_order_id}/fulfillment_request.json :

{
  "fulfillment_request": {
  	"notify_customer": true
    }
}

Alternatively, if I press the button "Request Fulfillment" through the Shopify admin (checking the box to "NOTIFY CUSTOMER OF SHIPMENT"), an email does get sent to the customer once fulfillment is completed by the 3rd party fulfillment service.

The X-Request-ID for a recent request via the Shopify API that did not send an email to the customer is 0fbf2243-c578-4568-8171-78abd601756c

Thanks in advance for your help!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
131 17 15

Hey @buywithfin,

Thanks for bringing this up. I've raised this issue with our developers to get clarification on how this should work. Looks like we need to update the docs for sure, and potentially ship a fix for this behaviour. I'll post back here as soon as I have an update.

JB | Developer Support @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes