oauth generated storefront access token scope issue doesnt return products

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
5 1 0
hi I'm having issues with the scope of a generated storefront access token
would anybody be able to provide a working scope request or an example of what a scope request that would look like if it were to request ALL PERMISSIONS
requesting the following with storefront access token: f4978250be371de1fe774dcb4317774b
{ shop { products(first: 30) { pageInfo { hasNextPage hasPreviousPage } edges { cursor node { id handle variants(first: 30) { edges { node { id } } } } } } } } returns: {u'data': {u'shop': {u'products': {u'edges': [], u'pageInfo': {u'hasNextPage': False, u'hasPreviousPage': False}}}}} with no products instead of the expected reusult using api setup with the following scope: 'SCOPE': 'write_products, write_inventory, read_locations, write_orders, write_customers, write_draft_orders, write_shipping, write_orders, write_checkouts, read_collection_listings, unauthenticated_read_product_listings, unauthenticated_read_product_tags, unauthenticated_write_checkouts, unauthenticated_write_customers, unauthenticated_read_customer_tags, unauthenticated_read_content' how can I configure this scope to allow the products to be returned? I would imagine the write_products would do it when I create the storefront access token it tells me it has the following permissions: unauthenticated_read_content,unauthenticated_read_customer_tags,unauthenticated_read_product_tags,unauthenticated_read_product_listings,unauthenticated_write_checkouts,unauthenticated_read_checkouts,unauthenticated_write_customers,unauthenticated_read_customers
it just works when I use a private app key with everything granted but I'm trying to remove all need for a private key as it's going to be going in the app store and that isn't reccomended
any help would be really appreciated because I'm banging my head against a wall here trying to figure out the right scope.

cheers,
Henry

0 Likes
Tourist
5 1 0

Any help would be most appreciated, I've been playing around, and I seem to be able to update existing carts with the new storefront access token, but not able to create new carts from scratch via graphql. It returns a null value, are their different permission scopes for creating carts and updating them? 

confused and seeking a light

henry

0 Likes

Success.

Tourist
5 1 0

alright so the reason that it wasn't returning any products when I queried them was because either the collection or the product was not published and visible

it wasn't a scope issue after all

it would be helpful if the ghraphql query responded with an error message explaining the product is not published if the variantid isn't found

0 Likes