orders/cancelled webhook not called in Prod store

jerome-sj
Shopify Partner
19 0 3

Hi

We developed an App to add some processing after order creation and cancellation. It works well on our Dev store, we can see both webhooks being triggered in partners.shopify.com.

But on our Prod store, only the orders/create webhook appears. We cancelled orders the same way we did on Dev, but nothing.

Both environments have the same empty configuration for webhooks in Settings => Notifications

Any idea?

Thanks

Replies 7 (7)

_JB
Shopify Staff
836 100 222

Hey @jerome-sj,

Please provide the webhook subscription ID (found in partner dash) from the webhook you're not receiving, and we'll check the logs for more info.

JB | Solutions Engineer @ Shopify 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit Shopify.dev or the Shopify Web Design and Development Blog

jerome-sj
Shopify Partner
19 0 3

Hi, that's the thing, there's no entry for the orders/cancelled one there: https://partners.shopify.com/1544589/apps/4588481/webhook_deliveries

jerome-sj
Shopify Partner
19 0 3

Hi @_JB, any idea why that webhook is not triggered?

Thanks

jerome-sj
Shopify Partner
19 0 3

@_JB , I think the issue is that the App was installed with only the orders/create. But now, the App's code was updated with the orders/cancellation webhook.

How can we re-register the defined webhooks in our store? I tried to rebuild the App's container, but no change...

Thanks

jerome-sj
Shopify Partner
19 0 3

Any suggestion?

_JB
Shopify Staff
836 100 222

Hey @jerome-sj,

To register the webhooks you'll need to make an API call using the token for each app. If this isn't happening automatically for existing installs but is working as expected for new installs, my guess is that the code you added is part of a function that only runs on install. 

If your app creates offline access tokens, you can consider running a job from outside the app to make these API calls for each shop where a webhook isn't registered. This can be done using tokens the app has already stored.

JB | Solutions Engineer @ Shopify 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit Shopify.dev or the Shopify Web Design and Development Blog

jerome-sj
Shopify Partner
19 0 3

Thanks, I'll look into that.