product price calculation on length and width

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi There,

I need to develop some provision to calculation the product price on chosen height and width of the product by the user. The product has unit price by default.

I go through a solution but it get failed on checkout page; I set product price as per unit price ( per square feet ) and update the quantity on each unit, but it get failed on checkout page, it merge the products in case, user will select two or more sizes for the same product.

I think one another solution, to create variation for all the possible measurements but can not get through shopify variant limitation( 10 Variant per product ) to a product.

Is there any other way around to get the solution of the problem?

Also, I do not want to go to already available apps in shopify app store.

Looking forward for the response.

Thanks,

Naveen

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1041 140 167

hey @naveenpal,

Adding properties to the line item should keep them separate.

Something like this:

$.post('/cart/add.js', {
  quantity: 1,
  id: 12345,
  properties: {
    'Details': '10x20'
  }
});

Notice; Out of office, replies will be delayed until my return. Thanks!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
38 0 0

Hi, dear let's calculate your product prices with height, length width, Shopify online stores almost facing prices calculation of products due to changes in the nature of product quantity, type, etc. The Shopify pricing calculator app solves this pricing calculating problems. Shopify price calculator app support multiple Product measurement units can be set according to the nature of the product. 

d3d55b046f8cab37e4d7c2226d5f55f9

0 Likes