product/update webhook not firing when editing price

Solved
alligator1
1 0 1

I have the same experience as above:

1. When editing barcode on product details page in section inventory (without variants) -> neither webhook (PRODUCTS_UPDATE nor INVENTORY_ITEMS_UPDATE) was called. It works only when I have the product with variants and I change the barcode on the variant details page.
  2. No webhook is ever called when editing product variant options.

Thank you @boudreaux31 for explaining this! I also have this problem, thought I was going crazy. 

0 Likes
codyb13
Excursionist
14 0 3

Hi @L_J_K -- any updates here? 

L_J_K
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
147 15 24

Hey @codyb13 

No further updates here at present - any update will be shared the moment it arises, for sure. Thanks for the patience all whilst we are resolving this. Please bear with us!

| API Support @ Shopify |
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
0 Likes
Sturla
Tourist
3 0 0

Hi, we are having the same problem, is some news of this issue resolving? 

0 Likes
lucas-p
Tourist
7 0 3

I know you are hard-working on that but it's really critical for us.

As we are generating checkouts based on the price we fetch from the API, it can lead to wrong order prices.

natashadisante
Shopify Partner
64 0 3

Hi @lucas-p 

This is happening to us as well. But only for products that have one variant. If you update the variant information (e.g., price field) you'll get no webhook. If the product has at least 2 variants you'll get the hook to fire. We informed Shopify of this over two weeks ago. They have confirmed that there is a bug on their end and that their engineers are looking into it. We are waiting on an update on this still.

Anto_S
Excursionist
61 1 7

FWIW, We'd like to add that API updates to products are occasionally not triggering the product/update webhook.

We are running the identical jest test (no changes in code), and they occasionally fail to trigger the webhook .

0 Likes
L_J_K
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
147 15 24

This is an accepted solution.

Hi all,

Shopify's API Support here with an update. A fix to resolve this has now shipped to production and this would be resolved.

On the product page, the product/update webhook is firing when editing the price. Additionally, editing the quantity on the product page had been reported as not firing the product/update hook - this is also resolved.

Appreciate everyone's patience whilst we've been working on this! Hope this helps - thanks!

| API Support @ Shopify |
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
codyb13
Excursionist
14 0 3
Thanks so much, Luke! Can we also confirm the webhook is firing when
uploading a CSV with product edits?

Thank you,
Cody
0 Likes