"pay.shopify.com refused to connect" error

Highlighted
2 0 2

Time to time when our customers click on Checkout, it pauses, nothing happens for a minute and then a frown face comes up and says "pay.shopify.com refused to connect". The issue is that it is not easy to reproduce, provided checkout IDs to Shopify support too but they couldn't provide any feedback.

Anyone experiencing the same issue? 

Thanks!

2 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1555 81 282

Does this have anything to do with the APIs? Or does this appear to be a problem with the Shopify checkout? If it's an issue with the checkout, I won't be able to provide any assistance but of course I welcome reports from other community members if this seems widespread. I would recommend a more appropriate board though.

Cheers.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi Alex. This is also an issue that we see in checkout of our Shopify Plus store. It appears all the time when Shopify Payments is activated. Which board would you recommend issues like this are posted to?

Thanks much.

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 2

We have this issue with Paypal Express and Amazon Pay too. Pop up for Paypal is empty and when we try with amazon pay, it shows a message that <ourstore>.myshopify.com is blocked. Does anyone have a solution for this issue?

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

I'm having the same message in test mode. We want to launch our online shop in 2 weeks.

At the moment the checkout happens fine until clicking "pay". Afterwards a sad face appears saying the domain can't respond. The order however goes through and appears in the orders section normally, indicating that the transaction took place. The emails are all sent. But we can't see the "thank you" page...

If a shopify expert could ask us the right questions about what to check, it'd be nice.

0 Likes