shopify-api-node

Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

Just received an email from Shopify saying the `page` filter is being removed and we're changing to cursor based pagination. 

Checking my app, I assume I'm fine because I'm using `shopify-api-node` which is advertised as the official node client. Perfect, shopify will have updated it.... or so I thought, theres currently an open issue: https://github.com/MONEI/Shopify-api-node/issues/292 to provide support.

So, will the API versions that accept `page` continue to be supported until this library is updated? Or am I going to have to rewrite my app and replace the library?

1 Like
Shopify Partner
915 95 149

I am not familiar with shopify-api-node, but I assume it's coded to call the API with no specific version specified, in which case it would default to the oldest stable release, which to date is 2019-04. The 'page' based navigation will go away in Apr 2020. Until then you should be good. Alternatively, you can try switching to the newest version available - 2019-10 - and replace the 'page' based navigation with the cursor based navigation - https://help.shopify.com/en/api/guides/paginated-rest-results

Sergiu Svinarciuc | CTO @ visely.io
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
- To learn more about the awesome stuff we do head over to visely.io or our blog
0 Likes
Tourist
3 0 1
Yeah I believe I can pin it to the oldest version just by setting the
`version` parameter, which is fine. I have no issue switching to cursor
based navigation I just don't want to have to rewrite my app to do it when
the _official_ library should arguable hide that from me. So my question is
2 fold, will the _official_ `shopify-api-node` library be updated to the
cursor based navigation? If so, will the `page` parameter be deprecated
before this is updated thus breaking our app whilst we wait for the library
to catch up?
0 Likes
Shopify Partner
915 95 149

Gotcha!

Sergiu Svinarciuc | CTO @ visely.io
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
- To learn more about the awesome stuff we do head over to visely.io or our blog
0 Likes
Tourist
3 0 1
Yeah so my understanding is that once the deprecation happens the library
will no longer work. And since its advertised as the official shopify node
library, this is a bit of a pain.
0 Likes
Tourist
10 1 3

We have the same 'problem' as @Shaun_Parsons  .

Could someone of the dev team reply to this and tell us what the plan for that library is ? Looking at the github thread regarding this it doesn't seem like upgrading will be possible without a breaking change on the library.

I really have no problem with changing to cursor based pagination, but having a library of the most popular backend service, that supports your latest API would be great.

Kind regards.

0 Likes