shopify_payments_account_id ALWAYS returning NULL value

zac8
Shopify Partner
21 0 1

Hello there. I have gone through several live chat supports and have read through several threads that are similar, if no the same, as the issue I am posting about. There have been no answers posted anywhere or help provided. I am a shopify partner and my application is a sales channel app, which has access to use the checkout API. Our application has 100% been approved for payment processing. It is noted in the admin for our partner app.

I am trying to integrate payments with stripe. The problem is the key "shopify_payments_account_id" ALWAYS returns null value, and I cannot move forward with that value being NULL. I am following the below insturctions to create a checkout.

https://help.shopify.com/en/api/guides/sales-channel-sdk/completing-a-payment#integrate-stripe-with-...

It says clearly in the docs that upon creating the checkout, shopify will return the stores "shopify_payments_account_id" but it always comes back NULL no matter what. All stores that I have tested this with do have shopify payments as the payment provider in the admin payment settings, I have all the permissions properly set, and the app is 100% a sales channel app that DOES have access to use the checkout API.

What could be the issue here? I believe there has to be some configuration that is missing for our application. Any help would be greatly appreciated! This is the last step before our app is published to the shopify app store and we cannot move on without this issue being resolved.

Thanks!

Replies 7 (7)

Alex
Shopify Staff
1561 81 341

Can I get a request id to help identify the store? Any request against the shop will do, I just want to take a look at the admin.

Cheers.

Alex | Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

zac8
Shopify Partner
21 0 1

Hey Alex. Thank your for your quick reply. I am not familar with what you mean by "request id" as I have yet to hear that key/request. I am assuming you are referring to the checkout id/checkout token, which if so, is e1ab188d22efb465b5d6d0cac0874c36 for the store called tech-outlett.myshopify.com

The store for that id is tech-outlett.myshopify.com but it happens on every store for every request, such as zbcarter3.myshopify.com,drobiletest.myshopify.com, etc.. Our app name is Drobile - iOS And Android App Maker. Our app is an approved payment processing sales channel app. 

Let me know if you need any more info to help you debug this issue. As I mentioned this is our last step before making an app submission to shopify so we appreciate your help.

Thanks!

Alex
Shopify Staff
1561 81 341

Hey Zac,

Can you try again and let me know if you get the same result? I don't have much to go on at the moment, but I can see the payments account was updated a little before your most recent mutation (has it worked since?).

Just piecing some things together where I can.

Alex | Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

zac8
Shopify Partner
21 0 1

Alex, thanks for the reply again.. No luck yet. Here is my log after getting/creating the checkout. As you can see the value for the shopify_payments_account_id is still null.

gid://shopify/Checkout/5a22b14fd7bb76c12d5ab25ceb84314c?key=e1852a8af4e732e45128de6a64908c5b

Optional({

checkout =     {

"applied_discount" = "<null>";

"billing_address" = "<null>";

"clone_url" = "https://tech-outlett.myshopify.com/1516404824/checkouts/5a22b14fd7bb76c12d5ab25ceb84314c/clone";

"completed_at" = "<null>";

"created_at" = "2018-08-30T11:36:56-05:00";

"credit_card" = "<null>";

currency = USD;

"customer_id" = 749963214936;

"customer_locale" = en;

"device_id" = "<null>";

"discount_code" = "<null>";

email = "Vlad@drobile.com";

"gift_cards" =         (

);

"legal_notice_url" = "<null>";

"line_items" =         (

{

"applied_discounts" =                 (

);

"compare_at_price" = "199.99";

"fulfillment_service" = manual;

"gift_card" = 0;

grams = 454;

id = 2110a6f75b7924e53b3c1dc7c3399c0b;

"image_url" = "https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0015/1640/4824/products/whiteX.png?v=1534856152";

key = 2110a6f75b7924e53b3c1dc7c3399c0b;

"line_price" = "1.00";

price = "1.00";

"product_id" = 1328366878808;

properties =                 {

};

quantity = 1;

"requires_shipping" = 0;

sku = "";

taxable = 1;

title = "iPhone X";

"variant_id" = 12370047172696;

"variant_title" = White;

vendor = "Tech Outlett";

}

);

"location_id" = "<null>";

name = "#5087949160536";

note = "";

"note_attributes" =         {

};

order = "<null>";

"order_id" = "<null>";

"order_status_url" = "<null>";

"payment_due" = "1.00";

"payment_url" = "https://elb.deposit.shopifycs.com/sessions";

payments =         (

);

phone = "<null>";

"presentment_currency" = USD;

"privacy_policy_url" = "https://checkout.shopify.com/1516404824/policies/6506086488.html";

"refund_policy_url" = "https://checkout.shopify.com/1516404824/policies/6506053720.html";

"requires_shipping" = 0;

"reservation_time" = "<null>";

"reservation_time_left" = 0;

"shipping_address" = "<null>";

"shipping_line" = "<null>";

"shipping_policy_url" = "<null>";

"shipping_rate" = "<null>";

"shopify_payments_account_id" = "<null>";

"source_identifier" = "<null>";

"source_name" = 2470921;

"source_url" = "<null>";

"subtotal_price" = "1.00";

"tax_exempt" = 0;

"tax_lines" =         (

);

"tax_manipulations" =         (

);

"taxes_included" = 0;

"terms_of_service_url" = "https://checkout.shopify.com/1516404824/policies/6506119256.html";

token = 5a22b14fd7bb76c12d5ab25ceb84314c;

"total_line_items_price" = "1.00";

"total_price" = "1.00";

"total_tax" = "0.00";

"total_tip_received" = "0.00";

"updated_at" = "2018-08-30T11:40:18-05:00";

"user_id" = "<null>";

"web_url" = "https://tech-outlett.myshopify.com/1516404824/checkouts/5a22b14fd7bb76c12d5ab25ceb84314c?key=e1852a8...

};

})

I also got a response from the developer support channel on shopify via email and they said this ( Which may be useful to you). "it seems as though the shopify_payments_account_id is being returned as part of the request under the key 'account_id'. The value of this payments account id is 7444529240 for your test shop tech-outlett.myshopify.com." Not sure what the developer means by that and not sure what he means by "payments account id is 7444529240". I'm simply going off the stripe integeration docs and it says after creating the checkout shopify gives us the "shopify_payments_account_id" to then send up to stripe. Thanks once again for looking into this.

Zameer Masjedee (Shopify Apps Team) 

Aug 29, 15:09 EDT 

Hey Zack,

I've been doing some digging to figure out what exactly is happening during your integration process.

Taking a look at our logs, it seems as though the shopify_payments_account_id is being returned as part of the request under the key 'account_id'. The value of this payments account id is 7444529240 for your test shop tech-outlett.myshopify.com.

Can you give this id a try to see if it lets you complete the integration with Stripe? Is it possible you were trying to parse the wrong key or are you not receiving an 'account_id' value either?

I can definitely continue exploring this issue for you so we can get to the bottom of it!

Cheers,

Zameer Masjedee
Developer Support
Shopify.com

agrohs
Shopify Partner
14 0 7

Any update/luck on here? Seeing the exact same issue and hoping to resolve ASAP!

Particular.
the innovation agency of tomorrow, today
adzurra
Shopify Partner
3 0 2

Hey,

I have come across this issue in the past as well and got into contact with their support. There is a bug in shopify's api where the  shopify_payments_account_id will return null if the sales channel app was installed before the store configured it's shopify payments account.

The solution was to reinstall the application, after the store was configured with shopify payments.

The docs are out of date too since we're looking at the shopify_payments_account_id rather than the merchant_account_id.

cc77
Visitor
1 0 0

worked for me. thank you