Solved

'shopify_payments_account_id' field always returned as null when creating a checkout (Checkout API).

Nikhilkomari
Visitor
2 0 0

Hello,

I am a Shopify partner and our application is a sales channel app having access to use the Checkout API. I am following the below documentation to create a checkout and integrate payments with Stripe.

https://shopify.dev/tutorials/complete-a-sales-channel-payment-with-checkout-api#integrate-stripe-wi... 

But every time I create a checkout the 'shopify_payments_account_id' field is being returned as null and I am unable to proceed with the next steps in payment processing with Stripe. My development store has Shopify payments enabled too.

Any help would be appreciated. I have tried almost everything on the internet, if anyone had faced this issue in the past and solved it, please let me know.

Thank you!

Accepted Solution (1)

_JB
Shopify Staff
836 100 222

This is an accepted solution.

Hey @Nikhilkomari,

The Checkout API requires approval for processing payments. Can you confirm that you've requested and have been approved for payment processing?

JB | Solutions Engineer @ Shopify 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit Shopify.dev or the Shopify Web Design and Development Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 3 (3)

_JB
Shopify Staff
836 100 222

This is an accepted solution.

Hey @Nikhilkomari,

The Checkout API requires approval for processing payments. Can you confirm that you've requested and have been approved for payment processing?

JB | Solutions Engineer @ Shopify 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit Shopify.dev or the Shopify Web Design and Development Blog

Nikhilkomari
Visitor
2 0 0

Hey,

Yes, I have requested for payment processing and it's still being reviewed.

I will wait for the approval and update this post in case I face the same issue after the approval.

Thanks for your help!

DavidWie
Visitor
3 0 0

Hi @Nikhilkomari  I will be greatefull for the answer if Checkout approval give you access to this option (shopify_payments_account_id) you was mentioned in your post? Is everything ok now?
Thanks for the info! Cheers!