user authentication endpoint

Shopify Partner
1 0 0

Hi all - I have the same question as these unanswered, outdated questions here and here. In short, I'm trying to figure out how to share users between shopify and my site.  Multipass is great when a user exists on my site (because I can authenticate), but isn't helpful when the user only exists on shopify. In this case, I'd like to send the email and password to shopify to see if the user authenticates and if so, I'd create that user in our system with the same password, without the need to ask the user to reset a password or anything else.

Is there an endpoint I can hit to acheive this?

Thanks

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1546 77 231

There is no endpoint you can use to authenticate a user by email and password. There isn't currently a supported way to handle this. Always open to the community chiming in on this one, but based on what you've been able to find so far, a workaround likely hasn't been discovered.

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi Alex.

Thanks for your effort.

So we couldn't authenticate a user by email and password yet?

Thanks.

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
88 5 8

Hi there,

I am not sure if it is helpful but worth giving a try - 

You can try making POST CURL request to "your_shopify_domain/account/login" & submit all the relevant params.

Based on the response you get, you can verify if the details are correct or incorrect. I have done it in the past.

Let me know if this works for you.

Thanks 

0 Likes