webhook checkout does not send information like email or delivery address of customer

Solved
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hello,

I have a problem concerning webhook for checkout. I have made a webhook for checkout in shopify settings. When I test the webhook in settings, information about the customer+product is sent correctly(email, price and delivery adress). But when I do a test order in my shop with test creditcard number I only get information of the product like the price , but the information about the customer like email adress or delivery adress is missing. data_1.json is the information I get when I trigger the webhook in shopify settings manually. When I make a test order in my shop I get data_2.json. Now my question is, why I get information about the customer when I trigger the webhook manually but no information when I trigger the webhook when I make a test order? Is it possible, that I have to activate my shop for production? Now my shop is in developer mode yet

many thanks for help :)

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1041 140 170

Hey @dlesit14 

A checkout can be created without a customer logged in - so the email could be blank. A checkout/update should fire when a customer is associated with an order.

Let me know if you get stuck.

Notice; Out of office, replies will be delayed until my return. Thanks!
0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0
Hey, thanks for your comment. But why is there no information of the customer (email, delivery adress) etc, when the customer enters his email and adress? And why is this information in the json when i trigger the webhook out of the shopify settings? Is there a way to get this customer information with webhook?

many thanks
dlesit14

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1041 140 170

This is an accepted solution.

If a customer is logged in when they get to checkout, their email will be included in the payload. The webhook you trigger from the admin includes an email address.

Is there a way to get this customer information with webhook?

Listen for a checkout/update, which should fire when they enter an email.

Notice; Out of office, replies will be delayed until my return. Thanks!
0 Likes