x_url_callback

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
20 0 0

Hi there!

We have a hosted payment gateway and wanted to check if there is any expiry time period for the x_url_callback?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
20 0 0

Just to add, we have had a few live transactions where the store customer completed the transaction more than 30 minutes after starting the payment checkout process. Upon the transaction getting completed, the x_url_callback did not fire resulting in the order not being created in Shopify.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
644 78 141

Hey @HitPay,

I'm trying to confirm whether there's a hard limit here and I'll let you know as soon as I get that information.

In the meantime, can you kindly clarify the flow you're using at checkout? It seems to me that the customer should be redirected back to Shopify on the x_url_return, which should create the transaction. The x_url_callback is used as a backup incase the customer's connection to Shopify is terminated prematurely, but the transaction should be created from the redirect. Can you confirm if you've implemented a different flow here?

With regards to the x_url_callback not firing, I'm not quite sure what you mean there since this is an endpoint you're supposed to POST to from your app. Are you getting an error response when using this endpoint? Please let me know what you're seeing on your end, and if possible provide the X-Request-ID value from the header of a failed call, and we'll be happy to continue investigating for you.

JB | Developer Support @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes