A quoting app

Highlighted
2 0 0

Our customers (hotels and resorts) often need a 'quote' before they are able to place an order. The 'quote' is used to send to their finance team so they can approve it, before placing the order. It pretty much just needs to be a print out of the products in the cart and proposd price. They need to be able to access this before they finalise checkout. 

To cater to this, we would like online store users to shop as normal, and then when they get to the checkout, to simply have the button at says “request a quote”, preferably just under the button that says “complete order” that will then send them and us, a pdf of the requested order.

So far i can only find apps that cater to quoting for people that want price variations. 

Any ideas? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
656 35 107

Hi, Jen. My name is Tira and I am a Shopify Guru ready to help!

I have a few recommendations I would like to provide you so that you can add the ability to request a quote on your store. Modifying the checkout coding is actually very limited and not within our scope of support, but you can modify the code for the cart page and other pages, which will make it easier for customers to confirm their product selection before proceeding to checkout.

1) You can add an order form to your store that shows the customer a list of your products, and allows them to fill out the quantity they require. The total is then calculated at the bottom of the order form, and once the customer completes their checkout, you and the customer would receive an order confirmation via email. You could add a print button underneath the form, or in your order confirmation notification template you could add text with instructions on how to print as a PDF.

We have an advanced tutorial here that explains how you can add the order form to your pages or collections. Since the tutorial is an advanced one, it is not supported by us and we cannot guarantee that it would work on sectioned themes.

2) Using the Order Printer app by Shopify together with the Order Printer Emailer app by  FORSBERG+two, you can generate a PDF version of your invoices and add it to pages on your store so that customers can print these on their own. Since the Order Printer Emailer app is designed by a third-party developer, you can reach out to them using the details listed under the "Support" area of the app's page, if you have any questions.

I'm also curious to see what the community can provide as suggestions!

​​​

Tira | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
97 0 13

Hello Jen,

Kind of sounds like invoicing might work for you. Check out apps like Sufio

Would that work?

While I'm an app developer, I did not develop this app.

Todd

ShopClerk Order Tracking for Shopify

Todd - ShopClerk Order Tracking for Shopify - https://shopclerk.net
0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
119 0 12

Hi,

My app Simple Purchase Orders may be able to help. You can generate a professional purchase order for your customer when they place an order with your shop, with your logo and signature. You can then track its progress within the app.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi All, 

Thanks for your thoughts on this. Unfortunetly i cannot see a solution that would work for us. Apps that enable customers to print their invoice such as Sufio & Simple Purchase Orders require the customer to complete the purchase before they can print. We need a system that would enable a customer to  download a pdf of their order BEFORE they complete it at the chekout (which they could then come back to after once thier 'quote' has been approved by their finace team.)

The suggestion from Tira for a order form sounds close to an option - but we have over 700 products - a list to complete volumes on would not be practical. 

Any other thoughts people of Shopify??/??!!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
97 0 13

Hello Jen,

I looked more at Sufio's site, and it looks like you can create invoices on unpaid orders:

"Create invoices for unpaid orders

Invoices are only created for orders that have not been paid during the checkout. This option can be used when your store allows customers to select a custom offline payment method (like Bank Deposit)."

If that still won't work for you, would this work? It's a little less slick.

• Require customers to create an account
  • Install a persistent shopping cart app - may not need to do this)
  • Customize your cart page to have the info needed to be an invoice
  • Set you abandoned cart email to trigger after 1 hour (may be able to have this sent sooner via an app)

The flow would be something like this:

1. Shopper shops and builds a cart.
  2. They go to the cart.
  3. The shopper notifies the approver and the approver logs in via the shared shopping account credentials and completes the purchase.
  4. Alternatively, the shopper could save the cart page as a PDF for the approver, or email them a cart link (which they can copy from the web browser)

The shipping info & payment info and all that would be saved in their account, so the approver won't have to do anything complex to finish the transaction.

Is that reasonable?

Todd

ShopClerk Order Tracking for Shopify

Todd - ShopClerk Order Tracking for Shopify - https://shopclerk.net
0 Likes