APPS

Highlighted
3 0 0

I downloaded an app  from shopify apps, and deleted the app the same day. Shopify has frozen my account for non payment of the app that was deleted.  I can not understand how this is even possible when I deleted the app the same day. Has anyone experience this problem before? If so what did you do to resolve the issue? I am really thinking about not using Shopify anymore. I have tried to get assistance from Shopify but they cant even help me resolve this issue. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
109 9 15

Hey @MDT!

This is Finley from the Social Care team here at Shopify.

I'm sorry to hear that you've run into an issue with your Shopify invoice, and I appreciate you reaching out about this.

The app would become a pending charge on your invoice as soon as the free trial is over, so it will depend on which third-party app you've added. App charges work on a separate billing cycle from your subscription.

In saying that, I completely understand where you're coming from, and I'd like to take a look into this with you.

This sounds like a situation where we can reach out to the third-party app developers on your behalf to gain approval to remove this from your invoice.

I've sent you an email to the email address we have on file for your Shopify Community account. Please reply with your .myshopify.com URL with your account email address, and we'll work on the next best steps to get this resolved.

Thank you!

Finley | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Yes. That is what I have been told. But as of now there has been no reply from the company. I personally reached out to the company of the app, and they advised me that since I never fully signed up, they do not have my account information to charge me. I ask for that chat via email and sent that to shopify on yesterday.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
109 9 15

Thank you for your response!

Because this involves the specifics of your account, it's best to continue our communication over email. I've just sent a reply to one of your emails.

We'll see if we can get in touch with the company together and work on having this resolved.

Cheers,

Finley | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes