Accepting Trade-ins or Buy Back of items from customers.

Highlighted
Tourist
15 0 0

I can't find anything newer then 2014 in the community forums. Is there an app or any way to allow me to use Shopify to also buy-back items or use the system for trade-ins?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
537 62 129

Hey, @Thomas_Sansone!

After doing some extensive digging in our app store I was unable to find an app that allows trade-in functionality in your Shopify store.

However, it appears that an old app called Trade Orders once existed but is no longer available through the app developers. I was able to locate the app developers here and they currently offer app development services. It's worth a shot to contact them to see if they can code this functionality into your site. Otherwise, you can always visit our Shopify Experts page which allows you to hire a freelancer or agency for various tasks, including app development.

Let me know if this helps! If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Dirk | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hey Thomas. I'm at a hackathon this weekend and we're looking to build an app by the end of the day tomorrow. Would you be up for a quick phone call to describe this problem? You can grab 15 mins on my calendar here: https://calendly.com/chrisjustin/shopify

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Was this app ever made?!?!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
15 0 0

It has not been made. Not that I'm aware of.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Can I ask what category of products you plan on accepting trade-ins or buybacks for? Also, do you plan on issuing store credit, or do you want to send actual funds to the customer? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
15 0 0

We would accept trade-in on most of the items we stock in our store. We sell video games and related items. We would offer store credit (in the form of a gift card if necessary) and cash to the customer.

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

I will be doing this for used electronics. Store credits & cash back.

Thank you!

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I am also looking to build a buyback site using Shopify.   My buyback site would be for books.  Any ideas on if Shopify can do this or other competing frameworks that can be used?   Hate to build from scratch. Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
15 0 0

I was thinking of just creating a second Shopify site for buy-backs. Just not sure how that would work. 

0 Likes