Add Checkbox button Manychat

Highlighted
Tourist
17 0 2

Hi !

I have manychat installed in my website and i have one widget already working, but i´m not be able to install correctly the checkbox button under my addtocart buttons, i asked manychat people but they don´t give help with this( they just told me they don´t see the code in my website :-(  , so i´m a bit lose, there are two codes from this wigdet that you have to put in the shopify code where you want the button appears but i tried to put but nothing works, the idea is when someone click the checkbox and  later click on addtocart button  the message be sent to their messenger...thanks!

the first code:  <div class="mcwidget-checkbox" data-widget-id="5608485"></div>

the second   :   <button onclick="MC.getWidget(5608485).submit()">Confirm Opt-in</button>

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

In case anyone else stumbles across this question and are wondering where to add the code...

I added it today using the Debut theme and the file you need to edit is Sections > product-template.liquid . If it doesn't work after saving and loading a product page then check and see that you haven't got a different customised template that it needs to go on. In my case there was also a product-customization-template.liquid where it needed to go instead of the original template.

Placement on that template is after the buy now button code and I added it before the {%end form%} and closing DIV tag that precedes it.

I also added some CSS to remove additional spacing that is added after selecting 'fit container' option in manychat.

Hope that helps someone else out there save some time.

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 0

Hi there,

Did you manage to resolve this? I am also trying to do that same thing but I am slightly confused?

Your help would be great.

Thanks

Bhawani

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 0

My understanding is Screenshot 1 code is pasted into product-template.liquid.

But were are the codes from screenshot 2 posted?

Please if anyone knows they would be a life saver!

Regards,

Bhawani

Screenshot 1.pngScreenshot_2.png

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1
Hi bhato

Placement on that template is after the buy now button code and I added it before the {%end form%} and closing DIV tag that precedes it.

Just search for {%end form%} on the product-template.liquid file.

Hope that helps.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 0

Hi

Do I paste all of them where you have instructed?

Screenshot 1.pngScreenshot_2.png

Regards,

Bhawani

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1
Hi bhwani

The first code snippet is the script file that is required to load many chat widgets on your site. That is required in the <head> code of every page.

theme.liquid is where you post that.

The other two snippets of code are placed in the product-template.liquid file.

Second snippet is the checkbox and third snippet is the action which in that case is a button that when clicked confirms the opt-in.

Regards

Tim
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 0

Hi Tim,

I really appreciate you helping me out. I managed to fix it perfectly and is working now. 

You are a life saver.

Thank you once again.

bhawani

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1
No worries mate. I’m glad I was able to help.

Have a great week!

Regards

Tim
0 Likes