Add Product Options Inside Tabs

Wallace7C
Visitor
3 0 2

Hello all,

As you may know there are Shopify apps which add tabs to the product page. I would like to know if there are any apps that lets you add product options from other apps to those tabs? 

Some example apps I have found are the FREE Tabs and Tabs by Station.

The purpose would be to lay out a product page with advanced customization and measurement options that are sectioned-off/paginated. If anyone has any idea or recommendations it's greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Replies 3 (3)

Dirk
Shopify Staff
2217 247 506

Hey, @Wallace7C 

I'd love to take a look into this for you. With that said, I'm having difficulty picturing exactly what you're looking to accomplish. Do you have an example product page that inspired/resembles what you are looking to accomplish?

If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Dirk | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Wallace7C
Visitor
3 0 2

Hi @Dirk, thank you for the response!

Let's use this demo of the tabs app by TK Digital for reference. We would like to nest the product options inside one of the tabs. Since the products sold are custom-tailored, there will be many options to cover body measurement and other details. We would like to keep them hidden at first so the page is not so cluttered. I do see some tab apps integrate with third-party apps for reviews. I am wondering if it is feasible to integrate product options inside one of those tabs.

We actually originally envisioned having the product options paginated. For example, if a customer adds the product to the cart it prompts them to enter their measurements and other options step-by-step much like a form or survey. However my searches has yield nothing similar to what I am looking for so far.

Dirk
Shopify Staff
2217 247 506

Thanks for this, @Wallace7C. With that said, I have yet to come across an app that treats product options/variants within separate tabs. They either come in a dropdown menu, radio buttons, swatches, checkboxes, sliders, or text boxes. You would likely need to reach out to a Shopify expert in our Shopify experts directory to see if they can take integrate your product variants code into a product tabs app.

With that said, I do have a suggestion for an app that could solve your original idea. Custom Product Builder is going to put your customers into a 'build your own product' experience when they click on your product. They offer a live preview interface of every change from every angle. Including some pretty impressive, complex conditional logic. They offer a 30-day free trial and then is $35/month afterward. They have an awesome app demo of a tailor-made custom suit that you can build. 

I hope this helps! If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Dirk | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog