Add checkbox to checkout page and add a charge

Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi,

I'm looking for a bit of advice, I know what I want to do but not 100% on how to do it. I'm writing an app for multiple eCommerce platforms (Shopify being the first!) that needs to add a checkbox to the checkout page and the customer can choose to add a dynamic amount to their checkout. The amount will come from my API, add the charge to the customer (checkbox at checkout) and add usage billing to the merchant as a subscription.

So, I understand the usage billing stuff and I've followed the example app tutorial to understand how to integrate into the Shopify dashboard, but how do I add A) a new checkbox to the checkout page and B) first make an API call to my API to get the amount that needs adding.

It's a fairly simple app! Just need a few pointers to put me in the right direction :)

Thanks,

Tom.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hello 
In shopify we have no control of checkout page.
We cannot customize checkout page.
It may be possible in shopify plus.

Want to modify or incorporate custom changes on store, Hire us
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution .
Email: pallavi@oscprofessionals.com
Whats app
Free Website Review and advice for sale from Shopify Conversion Experts | Shopify Private App | Custom Theme Development | Custom Modifications In To Shopify Theme | Shopify SEO ; Digital Marketing & amp | Site Speed Optimization | Performance Site Audit
0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Thanks for the reply!

If that's the case, then how are these guys doing it?: https://www.cloverly.com/shopify

Thanks,

Tom.

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi,

I realise my reply was probably a bit abrupt and having perused the API documentation a bit further, it looks like you're correct. It does make me scratch my head a bit more how they're doing it, but since they're not on the Shopify app store I'm guessing it's because they're doing something they shouldn't.

I think I'll see if there's a way to do it at the product-level instead. I'm assuming there is a way to do this since there are already some apps on the marketplace doing something similar such as: https://apps.shopify.com/gifthy-io.

If anyone has any guidance, that would be great!

Thanks,

Tom.

0 Likes