Add profiles to Klaviyo list

Tourist
10 0 0

Hi all, 

I have synchronized my Shopify customer list, based on people signing up for the newsletter, with Klaviyo as I want to start with e-mail marketing and I have heard good stories about Klaviyo. The synchronization was simple and my Shopify customer list now shows up under ´Profiles´ on the Klaviyo dashboard. However, I am really not understanding how I can add these profiles to any Klaviyo lists other than manually.  When I receive new sign-ups they are automatically added to the ´Profiles´ section but not to for example ´New subscribers´, ´Newsletter´ or ´Welcome flow´. 

Can anyone help me?

Thank you, 

Bram

0 Likes
Community Manager
Community Manager
2374 163 340

Hi @Bram1987,

Nick here from Shopify. 

Great question. This is something which could probably be better answered by Klayivo directly as they created the software. You can reach out to Klayivo support from here

I did however in the meantime do a little research on this for you. The Klayivo support documents have a couple of articles which might be able to help you where you might not need to reach out to their team. One of them is about how to Add Subscribers to an Existing List and the other is about how to Create and Add Contacts to a new list

Hopefully, this helps or at least points you in the right direction for the best next steps. 

All the best, Nick 

Nick | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
1 0 0

Have you found a solution?

Because I have the same problem.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Me too :(

0 Likes

Same problem here. :(

0 Likes

Hello guys,

I think I have found the issue. If you don't assign the tag "newsletter" when somebody signs up to the form, then they are not added to the predefined list.

However if that's complicated you can skip it and use segments. To segment you can automatically add all profiles based on your parameters and this way you will also skip the double opt-in.

Hope it helps, feel free to ask.

1 Like
Tourist
10 0 0

Hi Martin, 

Thanks, I never really found the solution so instead I simply started using the Klaviyo sign-up forms instead of the Shopify one so that everyone automatically gets added to the right lists. Let me try your solution and see if it works!

Best, 

Bram

0 Likes