Adding Product Review App

Highlighted
Excursionist
26 0 3

I want to get the product review up and running on my shop using the Supply theme.  When I go to paste in the code like it says in the installation instructions, I am already seeing some kind of review badge code.  Is there something different I am supposed to do?  I'm not very savvy with coding, so I'm a bit confused.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
421 25 133

Hi, @WishyWashyCloth

My name is Rae, and I work for Shopify. Thanks for reaching out about the troubles you're having with installing product reviews on your site. 

I firstly wanted to let you know that I've moved your question onto the 'Shopify Apps' board on our Community, so that it's easier to find for other members who may be encountering the same issue. In the meantime though, I'm happy to help out further with this query! 

Can you please confirm which product reviews app you're using? Is it the Product Reviews app developed by Shopify, or a third-party option instead? 

If you're using Shopify's Product Reviews app, and followed the installation instructions within the app in the 'Apps' section of your Shopify admin, then it's normal to see review badges, as outlined here. You mentioned that you're seeing some code, though. Can you please tell me a bit more about what code specifically is appearing on your end? If you can share a screenshot of this code with me here, I can certainly help take a closer look into this. Equally, I'd also love to check out your live site to see how Product Reviews looks here, so please feel free to send me a link to your homepage so that I can look this over.  

However, if you're instead using a third-party app, then I recommend reaching out to the app developers directly to inquire further about how to set up the app and install the necessary code. Third-party apps are created and supported by their own developers - who are external to Shopify - so speaking with these developers is the best way to reach a resolution on any questions or concerns you may have. You can contact the developers of the app you're using by following these steps

Please keep me posted on this! I look forward to hearing back from you. 

Rae | Social Care @ Shopify
Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it Accept as Solution to help others locate the answer!
To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center, or the Shopify Blog.

0 Likes