Adding a Credit Card Surcharge

jcastro
Tourist
6 0 7

need to find a way to add a 2.7% Surcharge for Credit Card Orders or PayPal orders.

I run a wholesale site so adding 2.7% to my price wont help me much as my competition will look like they are cheaper than me.  At the same time since i'm working with such small margins I can not eat the credit card fees or i will loose too much profit.  Any recommendations?

0 Likes
Nick
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3579 291 695

Hi @jcastro,

Nick here from Shopify. Really good question!

As it stands it is not possible to add a credit card surcharge to any of your store orders within the Shopify admin. There is however a couple of workarounds which you can apply to achieve this, one of which comes in the form of an app and the other being via your shipping rates. Let's take a closer look into both of these methods:

• The Order & Product Fees app is the app I found which would have the features that you are looking to achieve. Order & Product Fees essentially lets you create any nature of additional fees/charges and add them to a specific product offering. 
  • The other possible way to do this is by adding a fee to your shipping rates. The primary difference with this method is that the fee would be applied to your shipping rates and thus all of your orders rather than selected products. Shopify has a helpful guide for how to do this in more detail which you can see here

Hope this helps! 

All the best, Nick

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

bjr
1 0 0

Hi @jcastro - did you find an answer to this ? I've had a look at the app that @Nick suggested, but I can't see how to add a fee based on a Payment Method. Any ideas @Nick ?

0 Likes
jcastro
Tourist
6 0 7

@bjrThe app @Nick suggested worked for me.  I made the option required and one sku for both paypal and credit card.  Just to keep it simple.   Hope it works out for you

Nick
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3579 291 695

Hi @bjr,

The app allows you to add extra fee's to the orders in general here not the payment methods specifically. The app developers touch on this in the app description which you can see below:

30-27-mkhz1-8sqkz

It could be worth your time to reach out to the developers of the app directly to find out more information about how exactly this works as they would know best. You can reach contact them directly from their Order & Product Fees webpage here

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
I_Sell_Online
Tourist
4 0 1

I agree with Nick, this app does not add credit card or Paypal fees.

0 Likes