Adding a game or quiz before they enter payment method

Mosinski
1 0 0

Hey everyone,

I have an idea for a new store and one of the main features would be a 'game' that is part of, or just before, Checkout.

I understand that there may be some custom coding required by an expert, unless there is an app/plugin for this!

Is something like this possible:

For example, customer adds product(s) to their basket, goes to checkout but must first answer a question (A, B or C)

Customer inputs a product to their basket, then they click "Proceed to Checkout", within the checkout they fill the customer details in, and then on the next page:

A quiz, or a multiple choice game. If it were to be a game, I am thinking along the lines of SPOT-THE-BALL on www.BOTB.co.uk

Thanks in advance, any advice or guidance will be much appreciated!

Developers advice will also be wonderful, if you could code something for me that would be grand. 

0 Likes
FDG_WEB
Shopify Expert
66 0 9

You cannot modify the checkout experience unless you are on Shopify Plus and I do not think you'd be able to work around this using a private app and the API.

You could do this on the cart page though .. and then trigger a modal pop-up when they click go to checkout.

Besides the obvious question of "why" you want to do this ... this would typically be a custom integration in the $1,000 - $1,200 range for all breakpoints depending on whether this is tied to some sort of additional promo or discount or other action beyond simple checkout.

http://www.fdgweb.com
0 Likes