Adding free gift to cart when checkout total is more than $25

Solved
2 0 0

@jayanetty thank you. I see you're a front end developer. Would you be interested in quoting to make this work for our slideout cart at gnawchocolate.co.uk? If you could, email me at ben@rourkedigital.com with your thoughts and it'd be good to talk as we have a few projects we are working on which you may be able to help with. Best wishes, Ben. 

0 Likes
2 0 0

hello, what is the solution to this? 

thank you! 

0 Likes
Pathfinder
111 11 33
0 Likes
2 0 0

@jayanetty 
Could you pls. post the full script here?  thanks! 

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
2569 133 433

@boogiewoogieroothe marked solution has the code in the provided url 

https://community.shopify.com/c/Shopify-Apps/Adding-free-gift-to-cart-when-checkout-total-is-more-th...

If offer this customization for both standard and Plus stores ,contact me at paull.newton+shopifyforums@gmail.com with details.

Problem Solved? ✔️Accept and ? Like the solution so you can help others.
Buy me a coffee ☕ paypal.me/paulnewton or donate to eff.org
Confused? Busy? Buy a custom solution paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com
0 Likes
4 0 0

Hi @jayanetty Thanks for sharing the solution. As a non Shopify plus user I want to try your code but still a bit confusion on what to do. I created the snippets but could not get it working. Would you be so kind as to give some more detail step or code?  Thanks a lot.

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
2569 133 433

@Alice6860 the product should be added to your cart, it's the shopifyPlus checkoutscripts feature that makes the gift price $0.

If the liquid&javascript you added to the cart template or snippets is not adding the prodcut to that is a whole other layer of troubleshooting and you should carefully reread the steps.

You also need to make sure your theme provides the jQuery library as that's required for the code to work as well but is not in every theme.

Problem Solved? ✔️Accept and ? Like the solution so you can help others.
Buy me a coffee ☕ paypal.me/paulnewton or donate to eff.org
Confused? Busy? Buy a custom solution paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com
0 Likes
Pathfinder
111 11 33

Hi @Alice6860 ,

Glad I could help. 

You have to replace the product ID's with your product/variant ID's. Make sure jQuery library is called through since I've written this in jQuery. If still it does not, I can help you out if you can add me as staff.

Thanks,
Rashain

0 Likes
4 0 0

Many thanks for your reply @jayanetty . I will PM you and add as a staff

0 Likes
4 0 0

@jayanetty I PMed and e-mailed you for your help with this issue - were you able to see my messages? Would love to get the free gift feature up and running on my site soon! Thank you in advance!

0 Likes