After Months of Searching I still cannot find an app that ........

Tourist
8 0 1

pulls inventories from my suppliers website (they don't use feeds/files) and list it on my shopify shop. I use two manufacturers and both websites are password protected. 

I am sure there is something out there but finding it is the problem and I thought this would be the best

place to find such software. 

Please post if you know of any. 

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
19 0 2

Hi Novi,

This sounds like a job for a web scraper app.

If the websites are well structured, this is something that could be automated and integrated into your store via a private app.

Are the manufactures supplying many shopify merchants if so, it might prove a compelling case for a public app (listed in the shopify app store).

if this is something you'd be interested in getting built, please feel free to contact me and I'll see what I can do for you.

--

Kind regards,

JP

-- Kind regards, JP
0 Likes
Shopify Expert
3857 2 277

Be aware of the fact that most companies that have inventory like this, will promptly and unceremoniously remove your account forever if you break their terms of service and scrape inventory. 

I have built this type of mechanism out and it is indeed a risky venture. First off, building a decent scraper to extract useful inventory data takes a mighty effort (boring work too). Secondly, you cannot really hide your scraping efforts. You login as a script, and scrape. Anyone examining the logs will know right away you were scraping, not being a human visitor. 

So ya. Go ahead. Build a public App to scrape. You will almost certainly fail to make a dime. There is no generic scrape pattern as every vendor is different, hence you lose time/money there and you will be breaking terms of service agreements. Not a great business plan...

Custom Shopify Apps built just for you! hunkybill@gmail.com http://www.resistorsoftware.com
0 Likes
1 0 0

Did you ever decide on web scrapping..in same boat..still seeking help

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
3857 2 277

What kind of help do you need?

• legal help to inform you of the contract you may/may not be breaking by scraping
  • help building a scraper

Be specific, it will be easier to help you.

Custom Shopify Apps built just for you! hunkybill@gmail.com http://www.resistorsoftware.com
0 Likes