Age Consent Pop Up App for Vaping Boutique site

Highlighted
19 0 0

Hi there,

I'm completely new to shopify having worked solidly with WP the last two years +

I am building a Vaping Boutique store and by law I believe I need to have a pop up like the one on this site http://www.myvaporstore.com

My other question is I never use pop ups for SEO purposes do pop ups like this have an impact on the sites homepage seo?

Any help, tips or advice on the pop up or any other advice regarding whether this is essential or whether you can get round it other ways.

I will be running the site from the UK but my primary market will be the US.

Thanks in advance

Tim

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
143 0 18

Hey Tim,

This is John from the Shopify Guru Team. :)

Check out the app, Bouncer

Your SEO won't be affected by this. Google allows modal overlays that open within the same window that a visitor is browsing. Google does not however, allow pop ups that open in a separate window outside the window the visitor is browsing, which isn't the case here.

I hope this helps. If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to reach out. :) 

J

1 Like
Highlighted
19 0 0

Hey John,

Implemented and looks just the job. So there will be no issue of Google bots not being able to read/access the homepage that is my main concern...

Best regards

Tim

0 Likes
Highlighted
19 0 0

Are you 100% about the seo side of this? The reason I ask is i switched to live today so i could get a better look at things and when i run page speed in google developers its showing the age consent popup each time and the suggested improvements all seem related to the pop up image? my site is http://www.vape24.com if you wanna try and take a look. Also is there a way you can get this to work only on the homepage rather than all pages opened?

Thanks in advance

Tim

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
30 0 4

Hi Tim,

Since all of your store's HTML is rendered underneath Bouncer's popup, there are no known penalties that would harm your site's SEO.

I see that running PageSpeed on your site does produce some suggestions, but I can only find two minor ones related to the background image you selected on Bouncer. You can easily change the background image from your Dashboard if this concerns you.

Bouncer can be selectively disabled for any page. We have a helpdoc on this topic here: http://docs.theshoppad.com/article/90-can-i-control-where-bouncer-is-shown

Feel free to reach out to our awesome support folks directly if there's anything else we can help with: contact@theshoppad.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
19 0 0

Hi Aaron,

Many thanks again as with John above for such a prompt response.

So would you suggest maybe a selecting bacground choice "none" perhaps?

THanks for the other bit of info I need to double check something legal on that first before making the switch but I know how to do it now so many thanks.

If you could let me know on my BG question above that'd be great.

I only worry as I will  be paying for expensive seo work especially targettng certain pages and the last thing i want is for the pop up to render the seo work wsted money time and effort!

Best regards

Tim

0 Likes
Highlighted
19 0 0

Also I meant to add even if this will not casue any negative in regards getting penalties will the google bots and other actually be able to read all my articles, blogs etc even homepage when fully optimized?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
30 0 4

Hi Tim - Even though Bouncer visually conceals a page to humans, search spiders will have no issue reading and indexing all of your site's content underneath.

Since Bouncer is loaded asynchronously, the size of the image doesn't affect your page's total render time. Personally, I wouldn't worry about switching out the background image if you're happy with the way it looks.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi,

It affects site's speed and even discourages customer or visitor from searching your site. They may close your site immediately. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
6 0 0

Vapori Vape established in 2017 in United States has been the best vape shop exporting vape products online to most vape shops in USA and to vape lovers worldwide. If you are looking to visit a vape shop near you, then our Vape Store should be the first you should think of because we have all available vape products ranging from thc vape cartridges, vape pens, thc ejuice, vape juice / eliquid, vape mods, vape pods and thc vape oil for your best vaping experience.

0 Likes