Allowing customer to add notes when adding an item to cart.

Med2
1 0 0

This is my first time posting on here. I sell personalised items, which means my customers need to tell me their personalisation details with their order. Currently this do this via order notes at checkout. But I would like to ease the process by adding a way for them to add a note with each item they add to cart. I've searched through the apps on Shopify and cannot seem to find a way to do this. Can anybody advise? Many thanks, Med

0 Likes
Kyle_W
Shopify Expert
90 12 39

Hi Med! Welcome to the forums!!

You can capture extra details for products using Shopify's concept of line-item properties. If you're comfortable editing theme code, then you can use Shopify's UI generator to create the markup and add the code to the proper file(s) in your store's theme. If you're not comfortable editing code, then I would suggest using an app that allows you to add personalization options to your store's product pages. Here's two popular apps that should fit your needs:

Hopefully this helps!

Kyle W | Helium Dev, LLC
Helium builds apps that merchants depend on:
- Customer Fields
- Meteor Mega Menu
0 Likes

Hello @Med2,

For adding custom text per variant, you can use the MultiVariants - Bulk Order app. It allows the customer to enter their custom text/comment before adding to the cart.

You can take a look at this example product.
https://multivariant.myshopify.com/collections/professional/products/badger-essential-gloves-1910

Min/Max quantity per variant and total (combination of variants)Min/Max quantity per variant and total (combination of variants)