Amazon, Ebay and Etsy Integration with Shopify

Highlighted
2 0 1
Hi I am a developer, my client wants me to make a shopify app that will integrate her store to amazon, etsy and ebay. I have never developed a shopify app before. Please assist me. Thank you
0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3252 245 558

Hi @AdamSmiths,

Nick here from Shopify. 

There are already some apps and features in place which integrate Shopify to Amazon, Etsy, and eBay to Shopify stores. Shopify has some help documents on each of these which you can read below to see if they are indeed what your client is looking for with each one:

• Instagram - The integration between Instagram and Shopify is primarily built to enable store owners to sell their products via Instagram posts. You can see how to set up shop on Instagram from the help guide Instagram created for this here. If your client is looking for a different type of integration with Instagram, would you be able to tell me more about it, please? 
  • Amazon - Similar to above, the primary integration feature between Shopify and Amazon is the ability to sell via Amazon with your Shopify store. You can see the eligibility requirements for the Amazon sales channel on Shopify here. Another feature with Amazon is Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA), whereby it's possible to store inventory at and fulfill your orders from an Amazon.com fulfillment center.
  • eBay - The integration with Shopify and eBay allows you to list products on Etsy from within Shopify giving you two places to sell via one ultimate sales hub. Shopify has a guide for how to connect an eBay account to a Shopify store which you can see here

Should none of the above options be what you are looking to do, you can look into creating your own app as you mentioned. It's definitely possible to create an app for Shopify. There is a blog post from the content team going through all the steps in the process which you can read here.  

Hopefully, the integrations you're looking for are above, but if not, it would be great if you could reply in the thread here with more details about what you need as it will be extremely useful for our development team to know and understand what store owners are looking for. 

Looking forward to hearing from you. 

All the best, Nick

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 1
Thanks a lot for responding back Nick. Actually my client wants me to build an app for her. She doesn't wants to use an app from store. So I need a complete guide on how to build an app that will integrate her store to ebay,amazon and etsy.
1 Like
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3252 245 558

No problem at all @AdamSmith. I wasn't 100% sure what your client was looking for but thought it was still worth mentioning the features just in case. 

As well as the blog post I linked to you in the original reply there are some other guides and blogs which I feel you could find useful when building an app. There is a guide for building a Shopify app with Ruby and Sinatra which you can see here as well as a list of different blog posts here

Hopefully, this helps! 

Cheers, Nick

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes