I just took a look and the link I had in that reply was incorrect. I have updated it now to the right one, thanks. I have linked it, here again, creating a Buy Button.
With regards to your question, here are the steps which should take you to the section you are discussing:
From your Shopify admin, go to Buy Button.
Click Create a Buy Button.
Click Product Buy Button.
Select the product from your catalog or use the search to find a product. Click Select.
Optional: customize the Buy Button.
- If your product has variants, then select All variants or select the variant that you want to include.
- Choose a layout style and the action that happens when a customer clicks the button. You can also customize the button's appearance.
- By default the checkout behavior opens a new window but you can choose to open the checkout in the same browser tab as your website. Click Advanced settings > Redirect in the same tab.
Click Copy code.
Open the HTML editor for the webpage where you want to display the Buy Button. Refer to Adding Buy Button code to HTML.
Paste the code within the HTML where you want the Buy Button to appear, and then save your changes.
Can you try these steps and let me know if you can find the Advanced Settings discussed in part 5 above?
I can follow the steps to create the "Buy Button" and also see the "Advance Setting" and then copy the codes. However, it is not my question, which I am asking about in Facebook Shop, when user see the product item in Facebook Shop, and share to their news feed, it will appear a "Buy" button automatically. Unfortunately, this "Buy" button cannot be successful link to Shopify product add to cart / checkout page.
So, in this case, even if i get the "Buy" button code from Shopify, how can i paste it in Facebook? (not the same case as wordpress or wix!)
So just to make sure I'm on the same page. It's when your customers share your product from your store's Facebook page that the product comes up as not listed, but it's still ok when someone tries to buy from your Facebook page directly?
Can you double-check and make sure the products are published correctly on your Facebook sales channel and everything is updated. Shopify has a guide going through everything you need for this here.
Thanks for your reply. The problem scenario is correct, just one point that customer cannot directly buy via Facebook Page, it should be redirect to our Shopify Store website to proceed add to cart and checkout. However, when customer share the product post to new feed, Facebook auto-added the "Buy" button but it is not work!
I checked online some Shopify users also has this problem and some said is about the Facebook "Buy" button linked up to the checkout page in Shopify, which the new browser pop-up is not supported on mobile. However, the same Facebook "Buy" button works fine when click via desktop web access.
I'm not sure about the real root cause, but you can try it yourself as below steps:
1. access to https://www.facebook.com/boomato.SHOP/shop by mobile phone
2. select any of the book item, it will display the book title and with 4 action buttons, click the "Share" > select to Share to News Feed and then Post it.
3. after post it at your own News Feed, you can see the post with a "BUY" button, when you click the "BUY" button via mobile, it will be no respond in android, or show not listed in iphone.
4. if you login your facebook via desktop web browser and check the same News Feed product post again, click the "BUY" button, it will successfully show the product detail page, which is the correct user experience.
So, please help to check and advise if any method to fix this issue, thank you!
Apologies for the delay on getting back to you on this. I tested this out on my phone which is an iPhone. And I got the following results which matches what you say:
Followed by this when I press Buy like you mentioned:
It's very difficult to figure out why this might be happening without taking a closer look into your account. Because of this and because we can't currently investigate account specific queries in the Community right now, your best bet is to reach out to our support team directly about this and have someone from our technical support team review this for you. You can visit our support team here and log in to your account to create a support request and ask to speak have this looked into by that team. Please also use this topic as a reference to show you've spoken about this here already. I wish I could look into this further for you, but this is the fastest and best way forward for you!