Any low stock alerts per product?

Highlighted
2 0 2

Hi.

I want to receive an alert for each product quantity (total of variants).

I found some alert apps for each variant, but I can't find an app that allows me to set each product.

I treat variant as a kind of delivery month of product.
So, I would be happy if there was such a function of any apps!

Thanks. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3258 245 558

Hi @Mentaiko,

Nick here from Shopify. 

Great question and I completely see what you mean and how this could benefit you. My guess is the apps are trying to help in the sense of if there are no variants it will address the low stock issue of the product overall but when a product has variants it wants to alert you of each variant specifically so that you don't accidentally sell a variant of the product which might, in turn, be out of stock. 

I found an app which doesn't outright say it is only for each variant and I have reached out to the app developer to ask them and be sure. The app is called Low Stock Alert which can be found here. Once I hear back from the developers about if it's possible to receive the low stock alert for a product with multiple variants I will be sure to let you know in a reply here. 

I did also find another app called StockBot which might be able to do this already, at least it might seem that way from their app product description. I took a screenshot of the snippet where it mentions this which you can see below:

19-09-h6ki6-x9ncx

Hoping one of these options has the feature you are looking for. 

All the best, Nick

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3258 245 558

Hi @Mentaiko,

The app developers got back to me regarding what we were discussing above. They mention that a low stock alert for a product with multiple variants wouldn't overly make sense for all of the variants because it would contradict the general logic of the app in that they track each variant individually. For example, a customer, wouldn't care if the store owner has any other sizes or colors in stock if there is none in the variant that they want. They did also mention if you could provide a user case for them to view they could perhaps look into the feature. Your best bet in this instance would be to email them directly at support@exto.io. It was Anton who got back to me if you want to use his and my name as a reference when contacting them. 

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi @Mentaiko 

You can set low stock alert based on both the inventory level of the variant and product with Merchbees Low Stock Alert.

Hi @Nick, you may want to take a look at our app!

Best,

Mete

Co-Founder / Developer at https://merchbees.com
Our Shopify App: https://apps.shopify.com/merchbees-low-stock-alert
Merchbees Low Stock Alert - Keep track of your low stock items by email and slack
1 Like
Highlighted
Excursionist
33 0 68

Hey @Mentaiko!

Not sure if you found a solution here or not, but what you're looking for is possible with a new app for Shopify called Parabola

Using our Shopify Import Step, you can pull in your store's current inventory at the product level, apply a filter to your data (similar to how you can filter in Excel) to only show items where inventory is, say, 3 or less, and finally, either alert your provider automatically via email or send yourself a CSV (or Google Sheet) that you could review!

If you'd like to give it a try, let us know and we'd be happy to help you get set up. Alternatively, check out our community for help from other Parabola users!

3 Likes