App: Let my customer to import orders themselves

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
6 0 6

Hi, I am doing a B2B website, want to know is there some App can let my customer upload their orders by CSV or Excel.

I found lots of app support bulk import orders but only can work in Shopify Dashboard.
While I hope can have a public page to let my customers upload by themselves.

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
704 43 118

Hi, @coolzmm 

Elle here from Shopify!

Would you be able to clarify your ideal workflow? Are you hoping to have your customers upload CSV files which will then be turned into Shopify invoices? If so, do you need these invoices to be sent directly to the customers for immediate payment or do you have terms set for payment?

It may be worthwhile to check out our wholesale apps as opposed to order export apps! You can view them all here

Looking forward to hearing back from you so I can give you additional recommendations!

Cheers,
Elle

Elle | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
6 0 6

Hi, Elle, thanks for your reply!
My customers now send us excel document daily, and we need to refine the format and then upload by some tools to Shopify, after generating orders, we ask them to pay in their account.
so, Invoice if can work, it would be better, while first, we hope our customer can do the upload work themselves as we have more and more customers. And if can jump to payment page would be great!

I check some of the wholesale apps, did found one can have the above functions. could you please give me some suggestion.

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
704 43 118

Hi again, @coolzmm 

Thanks for those details!

If you are hoping to have your customers import a file and then be redirected to a page for payment, could you not have your wholesale customers simply add products to their cart and checkout? 

Perhaps I'm unaware of the specific details you're collecting through the excel file. If my suggestion above will not work for you, can you let me know why? The more context I have the better!

Cheers,

Elle

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
6 0 6

Thanks, Elle, Let me explain the detail, My customer is some other B2C App customer, we supply many products to them.

When they get orders from their customer, they will make the order from us. While every order may contain over 50-100 different products, so it is hard to add to cart one by one. so they prefer to use CSV or excel to give order to us. or use API to push orders to us 

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
704 43 118

Thanks so much for letting me know!

The most efficient way for you to handle this would certainly be through the API. I'd definitely recommend speaking with our Shopify Experts as they can assist in building a private app for you.

If you have any other questions just let me know!

Cheers,
Elle

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 2

Hi @coolzmm, are you still looking for a solution to this problem?

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 2

Hi mjroncone,

I have the same use case. I'd like to offer a B2B customers the ability to enter my Shopify site and populate the cart via CSV upload (or otherwise place bulk 100+ line item orders). We have wholesale customers that do this regularly. If we had this and offered a small discount to the customer, they'd take care of the order entry themselves. As-is, they email us a PDF, then we end up hand-transferring it to Shopify one line item at once. We'd prefer to nudge them to place the order themselves.

2 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 2

Good to know, sounds like a lot of repetitive data entry that you all shouldn't have to do! I'll DM you to follow up for more information.

1 Like