App Proxy - Shopify appends current page route to href links

1 0 0

I've configured an App Proxy for a test shopify site. My app proxy is served via heroku and I've set the root resource path on my server to be apps/giveaway so the shopify app proxy SHOULD correctly route resource requests from my scripts/links on the page. However shopify seems to prepend the page route onto the links returned from my code.

Ex of page response from initial request to heroku server from shopify 'apps/giveaway/proxy'

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
<head>
<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width,minimum-scale=1,initial-scale=1" class="next-head"/>
<title class="next-head">Sample App</title>
<meta charSet="utf-8" class="next-head"/>
<link rel="preload" href="apps/giveaway/_next/static/Y7pl4xE2NhnX4BJWFQumK/pages/index.js" as="script"/>
<link rel="preload" href="apps/giveaway/_next/static/Y7pl4xE2NhnX4BJWFQumK/pages/_app.js" as="script"/>
<link rel="preload" href="apps/giveaway/_next/static/runtime/webpack-8ed9452df514b4d17d80.js" as="script"/>
<link rel="preload" href="apps/giveaway/_next/static/chunks/commons.de644f3c47c2a5731883.js" as="script"/>
<link rel="preload" href="apps/giveaway/_next/static/runtime/main-541f01c65744a5c2c60b.js" as="script"/>
<link rel="preload" href="apps/giveaway/_next/static/chunks/styles.029f0a287dee4c8ea915.js" as="script"/>
<link rel="stylesheet" href="apps/giveaway/_next/static/css/styles.cf204b5b.chunk.css"/>
</head>
<body>
<div id="__next">

However on the shopify page 'pages/giveaway' the actual request for these resources is being sent to 
/pages/apps/giveaway/*resource* where /pages is being prepended to the href tags automatically it seems. 

The site and offending URL and requests can be seen here https://hmsgiveawaytest.myshopify.com/pages/giveaway
when viewing the network tab in dev tools. (the shopify page makes a jquery request to /apps/giveaway/proxy, the response replaces the html on the page)

Is there anything I can do to prevent shopify from prepending, or am I doing something incorrectly here?

0 Likes