App Recommendation for Paint

ricardoceci
Shopify Expert
12 0 2

HI!.

I'm look for suggestions on an app to build "Paint colors", it is something like a custom product based on some sort of selections.

Here's how it should work:

The user selects the colour that he wants to prepare.

Then he has to select one of the bases to build the final paint (Latex, Satin, etc) Each paint has a base price.

Then he has to select the paint variant (size) (based on the base)

And then a calculation is made based on the colour selected, the base (size variant) selected to determine the final price.

Tricky parts:

- We need to be able to change the base color price or the color price, without having to edit 1000 variants

Do you have any idea?

Ricardo | Founder @ VN Studios
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
0 Likes
Dirk
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
760 83 174

Hey, @ricardoceci 

There are a couple of options available for you to accomplish what you're looking for.

With that said, since I am not the developer of these apps I cannot say for certain if they have a broad set of pricing conditions. For example, it may not be possible with any of these product options apps to have a dynamic base color price or the color price, without having unique variants. Each color would essentially be considered a variant of the product, in this case, you would set the price of it.

You can get in touch with the developers of each app on their app store listings that I shared above. Their contact info will be available if you need to reach out to them. If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Dirk | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog