App Submission review rejections are very ambiguous (4th attempt at Sales Channel App)

1 0 0

Dear Shopify,

As a startup company looking to build upon Shopify's app ecosystem, the app submission and review process has been frustrating to say the least. Countless hours have been spent in attempting to meet the guidelines for app submission but the communication has been overwhelmingly inconsistent and unsupportive.

For starters, the review rejection email has links like "Suggested Changes" that results in..

We couldn't find that page

Or they provide links to generic guidelines.

The feedback from our previous submission fail was a detailed list of 9 items (this was helpful thanks!). Yet our most recent feedback is completely lacking in any specifics or details (attached screenshot). 

Our Shopping Channel App is built off of similar approaches of other apps already existing in the marketplace, which leaves our team grasping at straws for any further changes we can make.

I've attached a copy of our last two feedbacks and would appreciate any help to clarify where we can improve.

Mission_ShopifySubmission.jpg

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
349 16 50

Hello, @jprelevance!

Karlie here from the Shopify Guru Team! Thank you for reaching out to us to let us know about the difficulties you've come across when submitting your app. I've gone ahead and reached out to our Partners team about this to deliver your feedback to them. 

When you go to access the "Suggested Changes" link, can you tell me what the URL leads to in your browser URL bar? If you can provide me with any screenshots or further information, then I can look into this for you. 

When a Sales Channel app is rejected, our Partners team takes a look at our Sales Channel requirements. If the app doesn't meet the correct requirements, then our team would send you API docs or guidelines to help you correct what you are missing. If you do need any assistance in terms of development or understanding the requirements then your best bet would be to post in our API forums category to receive help from the API development team and other experts.

To see what changes you need to make to your app before submitting it for reviewal again, you will want to go through our API Sales Channel guide to make sure that your app completely covers the bases recommended in the guide. Our Partner team suggested taking a look at some of the links that were already provided to you, like the Requirements for App Configurations guide, the Requirements for listing in the Shopify App Store guide, and our Getting Started guide for app developers doc

If you have any further questions please let me know. I will be happy to help.

*Karlie* | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes